I would like a widget or icon on my home screen which when clicked will display a fullscreen photo of my choosing. I'd just like to be able to pop up a photo of my grandkids "instantly". I've searched but can't seem to find something to do this. Or is it so simple I've overlooked it??
    07-31-2010 09:34 PM
    Motorola widget called photo widget should b on ur fone. U can size it too
    07-31-2010 09:37 PM
    I would like a widget or icon on my home screen which when clicked will display a fullscreen photo of my choosing. I'd just like to be able to pop up a photo of my grandkids "instantly". I've searched but can't seem to find something to do this. Or is it so simple I've overlooked it??
    What device do you have
    07-31-2010 09:48 PM
    What device do you have
    Doh - sorry. Droid X.
    07-31-2010 10:35 PM
    On the Droid X, there's a widget that displays photographs on a homescreen, so why not just use that? If you need something smaller that will only display a photograph when you click it, try making shortcut. Unfortunately, I don't have my X yet, so I can't check whether this is possible, but I think you should be able to add a shortcut to a picture on a homescreen.
    08-01-2010 02:24 AM
    I found an app which is very close to "one-click" open; setting one or more pics as Favorites, two clicks and I'm there. The app is "JustPictures for Android". Very nice!
    08-02-2010 03:38 PM
    Download ASTRO File Manager (it's free). Once installed, long press your home screen to bring up the 'Add to Home screen' menu and choose Shorcuts > ASTRO. The file manager will then open and you can navigate to your camera directory (dcim > Camera). Then just select whatever image you want to make a shortcut and it will place that on your home screen. One click and it opens.

Hope that helps.
    08-02-2010 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD