I am deciding between trading my Hero for a Moment or keeping it but the one thing that is holding me back is Sense. Most of the other widgets I can live without but is there a weather app that is close to the stock HTC app that I can use on the moment? I am looking at Beautiful Widgets but not sure if it is animated like the HTC app is. Any input or suggestions on this?
    11-12-2009 11:30 PM
    Weather widget donate is animated like that.
    11-12-2009 11:50 PM
    Beautiful Weather is indeed animated now. I'm not sure if it's from a recent update but it looks perfect. Well worth the money.
    12-02-2009 11:17 AM
    the animations in Beautiful Widgets look the closest to the ones in sense
    12-02-2009 12:10 PM
    No knock to you guys but I though BW was highly overrated. But maybe its because I thought it was gonna be head and head shoulders above WWD. Biggest upgrade is when you click on the weather and it animates. Definitely not worth the money IMO when WWD does the same thing for free and offers clock and weather skins. Both have pros and cons, one is free. When that's the case, I'll take free =)
    12-02-2009 03:45 PM
    While Beautiful Widgets is animated, the animations aren't very smooth (at least on my Droid). It definitely looks like the Sense widget but it doesn't perform as well.
    12-02-2009 04:07 PM
    No knock to you guys but I though BW was highly overrated. But maybe its because I thought it was gonna be head and head shoulders above WWD. Biggest upgrade is when you click on the weather and it animates. Definitely not worth the money IMO when WWD does the same thing for free and offers clock and weather skins. Both have pros and cons, one is free. When that's the case, I'll take free =)
    WWD is not free?. Well I guess it is if you get it through a certain site.
    12-02-2009 04:08 PM
    While Beautiful Widgets is animated, the animations aren't very smooth (at least on my Droid). It definitely looks like the Sense widget but it doesn't perform as well.
    Mine is perfectly smooth... perfect. Have you updated it recently? They did just release a update that fixed many of the issues with the Droid.
    12-02-2009 05:21 PM
    yea, mine are smooth too. and so much cooler looking than WWD it's not even a contest.

WWD does pop up the animation sooner, but we're talking like maybe 2 seconds faster.

the bottom line is, if you want to emulate the HTC widget, Beautiful widgets is the closest you're going to get for now.
    12-02-2009 05:24 PM
    I uninstalled and reinstalled like you mentioned and I also checked to make sure that I had a sufficient amount of memory, but the animations were still kind of choppy. They were slightly better than before but WWD was a lot smoother IMO. Weird.
    12-02-2009 08:58 PM
    i think it's partly due to the amount and quality of animation in BW compared to WWD. the later basically animates the static icon into view, where BW actually has animations akin to the sense widget's animations.

i do hope the dev can smooth it out a little more in an update though
    12-03-2009 03:30 AM
    BW is alpha dog. The developer does quality work. Just wish he could get the clock to flip. I know its possible cause Home++ has a flip clock widget.
    12-03-2009 11:04 AM
    BW is alpha dog. The developer does quality work. Just wish he could get the clock to flip. I know its possible cause Home++ has a flip clock widget.
    Possible I'm sure but it seems as if many people with the HTC Sense actually prefer it off since it seems to be such a memory hog, at least on Win Mo devices. I'm not sure how Android devices handle it since I don't own a HTC Android device currently.
    12-03-2009 11:08 AM
    Am I missing something? I see that BW animates the weather when it opens into the app, but does it animate the weather on the home screen like the HTC devices do? If so, how do I activate that feature?

*** Edit ***
    NVM ... I found it. I am really stoked about BW now.
    08-26-2010 10:48 AM
    Am I missing something? I see that BW animates the weather when it opens into the app, but does it animate the weather on the home screen like the HTC devices do? If so, how do I activate that feature?

*** Edit ***
    NVM ... I found it. I am really stoked about BW now.
    Can you tell us how you did it? It would be most helpful.
    08-26-2010 11:55 AM
    I uninstalled and reinstalled like you mentioned and I also checked to make sure that I had a sufficient amount of memory, but the animations were still kind of choppy. They were slightly better than before but WWD was a lot smoother IMO. Weird.
    Using Beautiful Weather here too on my Quench (Cliq XT) which is a bit lower specs than your Droid, no animation lag. Check what other apps are consuming the CPU.
    08-26-2010 12:10 PM
    I know that the stock weather app uses accuweather, but it seems like they are always way off. Most of the time when I look at the weather on my home screen or open it up and manually update the weather it is wrong. Some times it shows the wrong location (as much as 1 hour away from where I am), sometimes it shows a moon at 10:00am, and most of the time the temperature is off by as much as 20-25 degrees. Is there any way to fix this?
    08-26-2010 01:10 PM
    Its in the settings u have to place a check mark next to it.
    Can you tell us how you did it? It would be most helpful.
    08-26-2010 01:30 PM
    Its in the settings u have to place a check mark next to it.
    Is it the one that says "Unlock Animations"?
    08-26-2010 01:39 PM
    I still am puzzled why weather apps and widgets seem to be so important to so many people. I don't need a widget on my desktop telling me the temperature every time I glance at it. I use the Weather Channel app when I want to check the weather...which is generally no more than 2 times per day.

Same things for clocks. Is it really that important to have another clock on your desktop when there is one in the corner? If you can't see that one, get some bifocals.
    08-26-2010 02:38 PM
    I like fancy widget. The weather app is gps, a lot of the ones I have seen in the market are not gps, you have to put your location in.
    08-26-2010 06:36 PM
    Wow, am I the only one who doesn't use BW unlock animations because they look NOTHING like Sense unlock animations? All it does is just opens up the weather like you normally would but without the sun/moon and without a shaded background.
    08-26-2010 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD