A good app killer?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I'm currently looking for a GOOD app killer program. I have a few games I'm trying to keep from running in the background. One is Dice with buddies! Love it but I cant turn it off in the background so it will ONLY load and refresh when I open the app. Anyone have any recommendations? I dont wanna disable it totally! Just dont want it running in the background unless I manually open it.
Thanks a lot guys for any advice in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I'm currently looking for a GOOD app killer program. I have a few games I'm trying to keep from running in the background. One is Dice with buddies! Love it but I cant turn it off in the background so it will ONLY load and refresh when I open the app. Anyone have any recommendations? I dont wanna disable it totally! Just dont want it running in the background unless I manually open it.
Thanks a lot guys for any advice in advance!

First try this: some apps don't close when you hit the back button (stupid I know) so try at the home screen of the app hit menu, and see if there is an exit or close button that pops up. Second, try holding your home button. This will bring up recent apps list. Swipe away the app. This also is hit and miss for closing apps. I have yet to figure out the stipulations as to why.

This could also be an app that just like to stay open, like a lot of bloat widgets when you unbox a phone.

Android has improved on auto killing apps. I would try these ideas first, as task killers are counter productive. If they don't work, give me a shout, and I can tell you a few task killers that are good.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
First try this: some apps don't close when you hit the back button (stupid I know) so try at the home screen of the app hit menu, and see if there is an exit or close button that pops up. Second, try holding your home button. This will bring up recent apps list. Swipe away the app. This also is hit and miss for closing apps. I have yet to figure out the stipulations as to why.

This could also be an app that just like to stay open, like a lot of bloat widgets when you unbox a phone.

Android has improved on auto killing apps. I would try these ideas first, as task killers are counter productive. If they don't work, give me a shout, and I can tell you a few task killers that are good.

I know the app is closing in the background. What happens is when someone sends another game back it tells me. I don't want it looking for game updates unless I open the app. In the settings of the app this can not be turned off. Its on by default. Just very annoying. I want it so when I'm at work my wireless connection isn't being used automatically in the background. However I'm not playing then. The nice thing is I work for IT so it will go un-noticed I'm sure. But that's not the point. I don't use it during the day.

But thanks for the reply! Any other advice would be awesome. :)