What Happened to all of the free you tube down loaders? I had one for a Long time by Mirco something. But, I had to wipe my phone and now can't find anything.
    08-01-2010 06:02 PM
    I use FreeTube by jared w. smith
    08-01-2010 06:05 PM
    thanks....just got it...
    08-01-2010 06:18 PM
    Jet VD seems to work well too. I'm going to have to try out Free Tube and compare the two.
    08-01-2010 09:28 PM
    Jet VD seems to work well too. I'm going to have to try out Free Tube and compare the two.
    Post and let me know. I just grabbed the first one I saw, it worked, I kept it. I don't do a lot of youtube downloading tho.
    Shay D. Life likes this.
    08-02-2010 10:32 AM
    After experimenting with both:

FreeTube
    -FreeTube doesn't always find exactly what I'm looking for.
    -It's easy one-click downloading.
    -Names the file name with arbitrary numbers and letters (youtube source I think)

JetVD
    -JetVD seems to have better search results.
    -JetVD allows you to download the videos in 3GP, FLV, or MP4 in varying amounts of quality.
    -It takes a few seconds or a minute to "analyze the video" before you choose what version to download.
    -Sticks into notification bar download progress, and makes a sound when finished downloading
    -Maintains the name of the youtube video as the file name

Video quality is about the same, possibly slightly better on JetVD. However, Jet VD allows you to download in low, mid, high, or 720 p video quality while FreeTube is just one. 720p download (if the video allows it) is much much higher quality and better full-screen.

I'm sticking with JetVD because their searches provide more accurate results, plus the option for video type and quality level is good too.
    Shay D. Life likes this.
    08-04-2010 01:04 PM
    JetVD FTW!!!

I would like to thank both of you for bringing this to my attention. Every youtube download I've been using as of late just quit working. This works great.
    08-04-2010 02:27 PM
    freetube is missing now from the market...BOO.
    had it and used it....must have been pulled.
    JetVD needs to prevent phone from sleeping?
    09-19-2010 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD