I dont care if I have to pay for a program or whatever need be. I just want the whole ENTIRE thing backed up and stored somehwere in case I want to re-root it with a differen rom and wipe it/later go back to it if the new rom isnt my flavor. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks bros. Keep in mind im a newb when it comes to backing things up so please be patient with me.
    03-25-2013 02:59 PM
    Running a nandroid backup in recovery is very effective because it backs up more than just your applications; you can restore the entire phone to the state it was at when the backup was made. I'm on my phone right now so I'll let someone else jump in and explain in more detail.
    03-25-2013 03:53 PM
    Digia, I'm going to 'piggyback' on your thread in hopes of us BOTH getting answers we need. I too am looking for BACKUP methods(apps?) for my N7.

I have data that I want to save OFF my N7. Yesterday my N7 would NOT start and luckily I found a tech who showed me how to reset it (pressing to count of 15 into headset hole). I immediately saved the data I use and managed to get copies of the saved files to the SDCard folder (as seen in Android File Manager). But while I was able to IMPORT my initial data by way of USB flash card using an on-the-go cable to micro usb on the N7, it now seems like this is a ONE WAY (in not out) ability?!? I can mount the USB flash/thumb drive and it is seen (in Nexus Media Importer app) but I can't seem to Paste a copy of the saved data file (seen in SDCard in Android File Manager) ONTO the flash/thumb drive!

Any insight, helpful hints and even suggestions for alternatively backing up data OFF my N7 is greatly appreciated!
    03-28-2013 11:39 AM
    I dont care if I have to pay for a program or whatever need be. I just want the whole ENTIRE thing backed up and stored somehwere in case I want to re-root it with a differen rom and wipe it/later go back to it if the new rom isnt my flavor. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks bros. Keep in mind im a newb when it comes to backing things up so please be patient with me.
    Just make a backup in Recovery. Do you have CWM or TWRP installed (I'm assuming if you're installing ROMs you have one or the other)?

You can backup in recovery (aka "nandroid), and then if you ever need to, restore the state of the ENTIRE tablet back to that point in time. One important thing to note, nandroid backups can be quite large -- If you have an 8GB model tab, it will consume a good chunk of space.
    03-28-2013 11:46 AM
    Digia, I'm going to 'piggyback' on your thread in hopes of us BOTH getting answers we need. I too am looking for BACKUP methods(apps?) for my N7.

I have data that I want to save OFF my N7. Yesterday my N7 would NOT start and luckily I found a tech who showed me how to reset it (pressing to count of 15 into headset hole). I immediately saved the data I use and managed to get copies of the saved files to the SDCard folder (as seen in Android File Manager). But while I was able to IMPORT my initial data by way of USB flash card using an on-the-go cable to micro usb on the N7, it now seems like this is a ONE WAY (in not out) ability?!? I can mount the USB flash/thumb drive and it is seen (in Nexus Media Importer app) but I can't seem to Paste a copy of the saved data file (seen in SDCard in Android File Manager) ONTO the flash/thumb drive!

Any insight, helpful hints and even suggestions for alternatively backing up data OFF my N7 is greatly appreciated!
    UPDATE - I did go back into a program (Memento Database) and was able to Export via email a copy of the file(.csv) that I wanted to save OFF my Nexus as a backup. I also fished thru the Apps store and found a few 'exporting' file managers but was put off by all the tech knowledge (file structure/types) that I would need to know/determine so will settle for the email of file klunky as that is in my mind.
    03-28-2013 12:09 PM