Is there an app to replace the stock photo gallery? I loathe the stock gallery and would love to use something new that actually works.. The stock gallery is painfully slow, doesn't always load up all my pictures, and is generally a crappy setup. I'm running a rooted Droid, if that helps to open up the options. Thanks in advance.
    08-01-2010 09:49 PM
    Is there an app to replace the stock photo gallery? I loathe the stock gallery and would love to use something new that actually works.. The stock gallery is painfully slow, doesn't always load up all my pictures, and is generally a crappy setup. I'm running a rooted Droid, if that helps to open up the options. Thanks in advance.
    I use Flikie Wallpaper HD and I like it... Flikie Wallpapers HD for Android

08-01-2010 11:14 PM
    I agree with Corey... the factory photo gallery is limited with options, i.e. viewing subfolder, setting up a default folder, and other folder options. HOWEVER, I have noticed the factory gallery is MUCH clearer when zooming in on photos, than other gallery apps that I've tried. (3D gallery, Flikie) to name a few. I'm not sure why that is though...??
    08-02-2010 07:17 AM
    I, too, have been keeping an eye out for a good photo viewer with a good widget.
    08-02-2010 09:12 AM
    Justpictures is an OK app
    08-02-2010 09:14 AM
    That strange you say that about the zooming feature, I always thought it zoom rather smooth and clear, now I do admit that when you are flipping through photos the images takes a second to completely render the images but a few seconds isn't a big thing since I only noticed this on the larger images..
    08-02-2010 10:23 AM
    Yes... Try it, take a picture about 5 feet away of a book cover...then zoom in with another gallery...and then using the stock gallery... And see if you can see the difference...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-03-2010 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD