Swype not working anymore?

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to send a text but my keyboard doesn't let me swipe to the next keys in order to make a word. I but the default keyboard on and now I can't get the Swype keyboard back up? Did the beta end?

tdubby#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you got swype during the beta they closed it and you'll have to go back to the site and have it send you another installation link. I had to do this a few weeks back.

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue where Swype was freezing up my entire phone (HTC Hero). But I didn't want to go without it. It started by not letting me use the keyboard, then it kind of just spread like a plague over every screen, rendering it unusable most of the time. I uninstalled/reinstalled and now everything is all snappy again.

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I encountered a similar problem this weekend. The Swype keyboard worked when pressing individual letters, but swiping didn't work at all. A reboot seems to have fixed the problem.

I'm using the latest official beta version of Swype.

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue where Swype was freezing up my entire phone (HTC Hero). But I didn't want to go without it. It started by not letting me use the keyboard, then it kind of just spread like a plague over every screen, rendering it unusable most of the time. I uninstalled/reinstalled and now everything is all snappy again.

I had that plague a couple of weeks ago and uninstall/reinstall worked for me as well. Make sure you report it to Swype team.