Here's the deal. Pretty much everyone I text with any sort of regularity has an iPhone. They will frequently include me in their group messages, not realizing how confusing/frustrating it is to be getting random texts from 6 people at once, not knowing if replying to one of them lets them all see it, etc. So, what I'm looking for is a third party SMS/MMS app that will allow me to initiate group messages, receive group messages, and keep all group conversations grouped instead of separating them out to individual threads. Thoughts?

What I'm not looking for:
    1. Suggesting I get them to use Android. Many of them have before. They are on iOS, no changing that.
    2. An app they also have to install. Also not happening. Many are not tech savvy (hence the preference of iOS), and even if I managed to convince them to install it, they would never use it to initiate conversations, so 90% of the time I'd still be in the same spot I am no.
    03-31-2013 07:49 PM
    Breaking rule #2 is use GeoupMe. Got my iOS buddies to all use it with the sales pitch that they can also go to the website and use it. But if you can't get em all to try the app, I suggest you buy an iPhone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    03-31-2013 10:31 PM
    Breaking rule #2 is use GeoupMe. Got my iOS buddies to all use it with the sales pitch that they can also go to the website and use it. But if you can't get em all to try the app, I suggest you buy an iPhone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Rule number 3. I don't want to buy an iPhone. Been there, done that. Yes, this annoys me, but not THAT badly.
    03-31-2013 11:34 PM
    Did you find a good solution to this? I'm looking for something as well.
    06-06-2013 11:24 AM
    This is one of the sad parts of trying to get some (what appear to be basic) things to work cross-platform. In an ideal world, ALL phone providers would use the same basic technology for communication (SMS, MMS, phone, etc). If you think about it, this isn't all that different from not being able to call people using a different OS. I heard a rumor somewhere that 4.2 would fix this but then I have heard from people who have it on different phones that it still doesn't work, so I'm not positive about that.

David
    06-06-2013 04:43 PM
    So I'm really hoping you see this because I've been dealing with this issue (and came across your post as I was trying to find a solution). Download GO SMS PRO from the play store and enable group chat in the settings. Simple as that You'll be able to participate in group chat, send emoji and view everyone's names/numbers that are included in the convo , just like if you had an iPhone!
    06-13-2013 09:46 PM
    So I'm really hoping you see this because I've been dealing with this issue (and came across your post as I was trying to find a solution). Download GO SMS PRO from the play store and enable group chat in the settings. Simple as that You'll be able to participate in group chat, send emoji and view everyone's names/numbers that are included in the convo , just like if you had an iPhone!
    Welcome to the forums!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-14-2013 12:59 AM