I'm using the X . . . anyone have any recommendations for a task killer? I'm worried about using one because I've heard the X doesn't need a task killer . . . it will just take care of itself. I've been told a task killer will help with battery life . . . which mine is horrible!
    08-02-2010 07:22 PM
    You really don't need one. That said, I do have Advanced Task Manager installed to kill things like SNESoid after I'm done with them.

Your better bet is to search the forums here for the various battery threads which have some good advice for tweaking your X (& Android devices in general) for optimal battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-02-2010 07:56 PM
    downloading a task killer will not improve your battery life. please read this article to see the proper way to use task killers. the way you will see better battery life on your X is to use smart mode in your battery manager and, if you dont make full use of the social networking features built into the phone, using the data manager to have those social networking applications only update over wi-fi. youd be surprised how much those two things will keep things going longer
    08-02-2010 07:59 PM
    I'd suggest they are not to be used at all. See this article as a counter to the one you posted. Droid Den - Android Guide: Should I Use a Task Killer - Droid Den
    08-29-2010 07:30 AM
    I would say that you don't need one android dose it for you

sent from my htc evo 4g
    08-29-2010 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD