New launcher pro update = no bloat

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Get the new launcher pro and u can now hide the bloat apps like blockbuster! No need to take a chance in root to delete it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes! I saw this earlier! It functions like a Blackberry so you can "Hide" unwanted apps on the app screen. AND if you're on Launcher Pro Plus, a Calendar widget was added! Very cool!

objectuser

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I plan on trying it out eventually (I did download it after watching some videos showing off some just amazing features ;)). But so far I'm still enjoying the default launcher on my Captivate.

But I guess I wonder why people care if Launcher Pro can hide apps? Does anyone use the Applications area? I think of it as a holding area and I only really use the apps I have placed in one of the launcher home screens (and if it's not there, I'd likely just do a quick search for it). I never go no the Applications area unless I just downloaded something and want to put it on one of my homes screens.

So really just wondering ... thanks.

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The calendar widget is the best I've seen, asthetically at least. And it scrolls and does everything this wannabe power user needs.

Google needs to scoop that dev up and give him a job. Along with a handful of others imo.

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I like it, except for clicking on a calendar event to view the details and having it show the year as 1969.

yeah I noticed that too on the holidays

I also wished events were more noticeable in the calendar view

Last edited:

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think its better as well. The side swiping in the app menue annoys me for some reason. The launcher being unthemed doesnt really bother me as long as the Rom looks nice. I dont need a colored android to launch my apps instead of the square dots. I am really looking forward to his messaging app. He should also include a task/to do app to go along with the calendar.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the calendar wastes a lot of space personally, it seems everything could be condensed, at least having some options to change spacing and font size would be nice. switching to the panel with the calendar widget could just as easily be replicated by viewing the actual calendar via the app icon, and you would then have more functionality.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
it comes in three sizes (4x5, 4x3, 3x3) - how much smaller do you want it?

Jorte calendar has a ton of widgets/sizes. I use a 2x2 agenda widget that fits alongside the Got To Do 2x2 widget. Unfortunately both are rather ugly, especially together. So a 2x2 would be nice.

I would also request the ability to set what calendar opens. I prefer Jorte to the built in calendar.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
the Jorte widgets do rock, there's so many the possibilities are almost endless. I would think it would be nice to be able to set which calendar app you want to open when you tap on the widget as well.