08-10-2010 07:51 PM
42 12
tools
    ^^ ahh beat me to the post! The new resizable widgets with the preview is just fantastic. The swype gesture thing sounds cool, I'll start to mess with it.

OK SOOO when he said resizable widgets... he meant every widget now! I'm sure most of you just realized that from the beginning but I didnt and most of my widgets play very nicely with being resized! Except Jorte.
    08-06-2010 11:40 AM
    try calwidget
    I have ! and it is quite nice too! That was actually my first calendar widget I ever used but then gave in a bought pure calendar which at the time had tasks support and the other didnt. Maybe I'll download it again to see what the dev changed. Agenda Widget is very much like pure calendar and also very nice. So many great options to choose from cant go wrong!
    08-06-2010 11:43 AM
    So is the only difference between the Pro and the Plus version the widgets?
    08-07-2010 07:23 AM
    yes, the plus version gives you widgets for calendar, contacts, and bookmarks
    08-07-2010 09:14 AM
    And the ability to resize any widget, and now beta support for the PhilBlur widgets. Although I wish the resize handles wouldn't pop up for us non-plus users... Really annoying when they pop up and I can't do anything with them.
    08-07-2010 09:37 AM
    how do u resize the plus widgets?
    08-07-2010 03:40 PM
    long press on the widget and then hold a little longer :P it'll get a yellow box around it
    08-07-2010 03:42 PM
    I'm also loving this... With my Froyo update on my EVO plus the LauncherPro Plus it's just amazing. I was sticking with HTC Sense because of their widgets... NOT ANYMORE! LPP all the way for me now.

Absolute must have if you're rocking a HTC Evo 4G.
    08-08-2010 12:23 AM
    I tried LauncherPro last week on my Droid X and had to get rid of it. For starters, every time my phone rang, it would lock up and I couldn't answer a call. As soon as it was uninstalled the problem went away.

Has anyone encountered issues like this?
    08-09-2010 09:16 AM
    I tried LauncherPro last week on my Droid X and had to get rid of it. For starters, every time my phone rang, it would lock up and I couldn't answer a call. As soon as it was uninstalled the problem went away.

Has anyone encountered issues like this?
    i've been using launcher pro since the launch day of the X (got the plus version as soon as it became available) and have not encountered a single issue other than using the "leap" feature, it tends to be extremely laggy the first time doing it, but it's okay after that
    Hosehead likes this.
    08-09-2010 09:40 AM
    i've been using launcher pro since the launch day of the X (got the plus version as soon as it became available) and have not encountered a single issue other than using the "leap" feature, it tends to be extremely laggy the first time doing it, but it's okay after that
    Thanks, Brandon. I will reinstall and give it another try. I also went with the plus right off the bat.
    08-09-2010 09:41 AM
    I second no issues with Droid X compatibility. Love this as the Moto UI is lame.
    08-09-2010 10:17 AM
    Same here....no issues with my X. I also have the plus
    08-09-2010 10:55 AM
    Does the uninstall feature of this app really, completely remove some of the AT&T-branded bloatware that came on my Captivate? Or will there still be remnants of them somewhere hidden deep in the system?

Thanks
    08-09-2010 11:10 AM
    It depends on how ATT installed the apps. If they are normal apps then removing them should blow away all of the crap, if they installed the app into the system, then it'll be really hard to remove them. Knowing ATT and the crap they do I'd guess at least some of the apps are installed into the system.
    08-09-2010 11:19 AM
    Thanks. Is there any way to tell which way they're installed? I installed Astro File Manager but don't really know where to look to see how deeply the bloatware is married to the system.
    08-09-2010 11:55 AM
    My only problem is I cant get the calendar widget to update.
    08-10-2010 07:51 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD