New launcher pro update = no bloat

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use Jorte and dont think its ugly. I have the black style and make the widgets almost transparent. With a darker background it looks quite nice and minimal. I use a 2x2 weekly and the 2x2 tasks side by side. To each his own but Jorte is quality along with pure calendar. The only thing launcher pro calendar is missing is tasks widget/be able to show tasks in the agenda view.

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Jorte and dont think its ugly. I have the black style and make the widgets almost transparent. With a darker background it looks quite nice and minimal. I use a 2x2 weekly and the 2x2 tasks side by side. To each his own but Jorte is quality along with pure calendar. The only thing launcher pro calendar is missing is tasks widget/be able to show tasks in the agenda view.

try calwidget :)

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Jorte isn't ugly, the widgets are quite nice with the black blackground and since I use normally darker wallpapers they are almost transparent, like mr. miagi mentioned. So far it's the best calendar app I've used. Everybody is different though so if you like something else, that's fine too.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Another feature in the newest update I found

Long press on an icon in the quick launcher bar - you now have three options

Change Shortcut
Change Icon
Swipe gesture action

the last is the greatest thing - you can set your icons now to do something else when you swipe up/down on them

for example - got a quick launcher set to text your significant other? set its swipe gesture to direct dial them!

it's two for the price of one! BRILLIANT!

I'm tweaking mine as I speak!

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
^^ ahh beat me to the post! The new resizable widgets with the preview is just fantastic. The swype gesture thing sounds cool, I'll start to mess with it.

OK SOOO when he said resizable widgets... he meant every widget now! I'm sure most of you just realized that from the beginning but I didnt and most of my widgets play very nicely with being resized! Except Jorte.

Last edited:

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
try calwidget :)

I have ! and it is quite nice too! That was actually my first calendar widget I ever used but then gave in a bought pure calendar which at the time had tasks support and the other didnt. Maybe I'll download it again to see what the dev changed. Agenda Widget is very much like pure calendar and also very nice. So many great options to choose from cant go wrong!

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
So is the only difference between the Pro and the Plus version the widgets?

And the ability to resize any widget, and now beta support for the PhilBlur widgets. Although I wish the resize handles wouldn't pop up for us non-plus users... Really annoying when they pop up and I can't do anything with them.

StraightWisdom

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm also loving this... With my Froyo update on my EVO plus the LauncherPro Plus it's just amazing. I was sticking with HTC Sense because of their widgets... NOT ANYMORE! LPP all the way for me now.

Absolute must have if you're rocking a HTC Evo 4G.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried LauncherPro last week on my Droid X and had to get rid of it. For starters, every time my phone rang, it would lock up and I couldn't answer a call. As soon as it was uninstalled the problem went away.

Has anyone encountered issues like this?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried LauncherPro last week on my Droid X and had to get rid of it. For starters, every time my phone rang, it would lock up and I couldn't answer a call. As soon as it was uninstalled the problem went away.

Has anyone encountered issues like this?

i've been using launcher pro since the launch day of the X (got the plus version as soon as it became available) and have not encountered a single issue other than using the "leap" feature, it tends to be extremely laggy the first time doing it, but it's okay after that

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i've been using launcher pro since the launch day of the X (got the plus version as soon as it became available) and have not encountered a single issue other than using the "leap" feature, it tends to be extremely laggy the first time doing it, but it's okay after that

Thanks, Brandon. I will reinstall and give it another try. I also went with the plus right off the bat.

mland550

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Uninstalling AT&T apps

Does the uninstall feature of this app really, completely remove some of the AT&T-branded bloatware that came on my Captivate? Or will there still be remnants of them somewhere hidden deep in the system?

Thanks

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
It depends on how ATT installed the apps. If they are normal apps then removing them should blow away all of the crap, if they installed the app into the system, then it'll be really hard to remove them. Knowing ATT and the crap they do I'd guess at least some of the apps are installed into the system.