System Panel App post Froyo on the EVO

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just checked I get the same thing.

Another odd thing is I'm also getting 100% awake time now. When I had 2.1 I'd tracked down Slacker as the cause for my 100% awake time and fixed the issue. On 2.2 I'm getting it again and it's not caused by Slacker this time.

My battery life is also pretty terrible now. After 2 hours I'm at 75% battery. I'm normally around 70% after 9 hours.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some more tracking down.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Have you done a reboot / battery pull?

Also, check Gtalk. Some have reported that the update defaults to GTalk signing in automatically again.

Finally, there was the bit with the Evo first came out about resetting "Auto-GSM" to "Auto-CDMA" in phone settings. Apparently you can't use the ## code any more in 2.1, but there's an app in the market that will let you check and reset that.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
guys this is not an issue with system panel. i contacted the developer when nexus one first got froyo, and his response was this is just how froyo is. google made some changes to froyo and how it handles running apps. there is no longer an inactive cached apps list. its just gone with no explanation. you can see this response over at the androidforums forum but i do not have the link, but that's where he answered the questions we all had about it.

note: other task managers do not work on froyo correctly either, like certain auto kill no longer works.

here's the link
http://androidforums.com/android-ap...er-people-who-hate-task-killers-new-post.html

Last edited:

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Using it to track the battery usage. It's much easier to see when something goes pounding the battery.

Yes, but i still have 2.1 i got the OTA prompt but declined i kinda like the way things are now until everyone is on the same page with froyo.

awake time 100%? use spare parts :)

wmtoandroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just checked I get the same thing.

Another odd thing is I'm also getting 100% awake time now. When I had 2.1 I'd tracked down Slacker as the cause for my 100% awake time and fixed the issue. On 2.2 I'm getting it again and it's not caused by Slacker this time.

My battery life is also pretty terrible now. After 2 hours I'm at 75% battery. I'm normally around 70% after 9 hours.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some more tracking down.

If you use a flickr account, delete it. This was the source of my device being awake 100% and since I removed the account, there haven't been any problems. You could also try disabling the Flickr sync if you don't want to delete the account, but I'm not sure if it will have the same effect.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
If you use a flickr account, delete it. This was the source of my device being awake 100% and since I removed the account, there haven't been any problems. You could also try disabling the Flickr sync if you don't want to delete the account, but I'm not sure if it will have the same effect.

Thanks for the heads up. It turned out my issue was related to syncing options being reenabled with the Froyo update. Once I reset them back up I'm back in business and battery wise, things are going well.