I know apps exist that can delete your past 50 messages, more than two weeks old, etc. But are there any apps out there that allow you to be more selective?

I have a thread with person A that has over 300 messages, I'd like to trim it down to the most recent 50 or so

Another thread with person B which only has 50 or so messages, but havent talked to them in a few weeks, I'd like to keep these messages

Most apps would allow me to delete messages more than two weeks old but this would delete all of person B

Any suggestions?
    08-03-2010 09:30 AM
    Have you tried Handcent. It allows you to delete as many messages from one person as you like or delete an entire message thread with that user. To delete one message, you would just long press on just that message after opening the message thread, but, to delete an entire thread, you would long press the beginning thread from your list of threads, hope that wasn't confusing. Also, you can customize the way each message thread is displayed including the colors, wallpaper, etc. Check it out, it's free by the way. Hope this helps/Is what you are looking for.
    08-03-2010 04:42 PM
    After trying handcent for several weeks I've decided against keeping it. Any one else know of any other utility that is useful for trimming up old stored text messages?
    08-15-2010 06:36 PM