Hello All,

Not sure if this is possible or not but I have a number of emails dumping to my phone. Right now I have two different MS Exchange emails going to my phone form different domains and three different Gmail accounts. If I can get what I want working I plan on adding at least 5/6 more email accounts.

The biggest thing I need/want to do is have a separate alert/notification for the two Exchange emails (and ultimatly for Gmail too). I would like to have two different sounds, one for each. When I go into one account and change the notification it changes it for the other. Is there something I am missing here or doing wrong? I pretty new to Android but I work in IT and figuring this stuff out is not much of a learning curve usually.

Thanks in advance
    RSG
    08-03-2010 02:20 PM
    Try Gmail notifier in the market for your Gmail accounts, the exchange accoounts can use the native app?
    08-03-2010 03:08 PM
    Thank you for the reply... But I don't think I was clear.

I have the accounts setup with out issue, the problem is the notification sounds, text messages, exchange1, and exchange2 all have the same sound. I would like to have the different.
    08-03-2010 03:14 PM
    I did understand you but I pretty sure this is the only way your going to get it that way...at least look up the app and see if it can work for you.
    08-03-2010 03:23 PM
    OK... Sorry, I guess then my question is, does this only work on Gmail? Because that is not really my main concern. The exchange emails need to be different. If I can get them different then I can add additional exchange boxes
    08-03-2010 03:38 PM
    I'm not sure if its only Gmail but all I ask take a look at it from what I heard its a really good app. If you don't have appbrain on your computer and phone I highly recommend because its gives you a full view of all apps and keep list of the app on your device.
    08-03-2010 03:49 PM
    I have appbrain and I did look at it but it was not clear on if it only works for gmail. I will download it and see how it works and report back.
    08-03-2010 03:53 PM
    I've never used one of these before but maybe try an app like K-9 Mail? It supports multiple email accounts but I don't know about notifications.

K-9 Mail on AppBrain
    08-03-2010 03:56 PM
    or maybe something like Tone Picker?

Tone Picker on AppBrain

but again, I don't know for sure since I don't use it but it seems like it might.
    08-03-2010 03:59 PM
    Downloaded the app and it will only work with Gmail and not with Exchange/POP/IMAP4...
    08-03-2010 04:01 PM
    You figure that there's got to be something out there that does this. I'll dig around a little bit more after I grub down some lunch.
    08-03-2010 04:05 PM
    Redsoxgeek I am in a similar boat in what I want with my notifications. I have not found a third party app that has worked.

You can have separate alerts for gmail, email, text nativealy, but multiple emails use same settings.
    08-04-2010 07:18 AM
    For exchange support, I have read that touchdown is good. I don't have that app but others have said it does a lot for exchange. You might check it out.
    08-04-2010 07:29 AM
    I am now in the same boat as you guys. Looking for something to seperate my Exchange email, several yahoo mail accts. Its the only thing i really thought the BB had on the android devices is the ability to go into profiles and set individual alert levels and sounds on a per email basis.
    I am sure someone will set up a program that will allow this.
    08-30-2010 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD