08-22-2010 12:53 PM
123 1234 ...
tools
    Still WAY behind the iPhone version.
    08-03-2010 09:59 PM
    Still WAY behind the iPhone version.
    But getting better!
    08-03-2010 10:05 PM
    i have tried like 3 different ways to try and integrate Facebook events and birthdays to sync with my calendars but still nothing works... anyone have any ideas?
    08-03-2010 10:14 PM
    I believe Froyo addresses this, no?
    i have tried like 3 different ways to try and integrate Facebook events and birthdays to sync with my calendars but still nothing works... anyone have any ideas?
    08-04-2010 02:18 AM
    Yup froyo will take care of calendar sync for bdays
    08-04-2010 02:23 AM
    It's nice to see an update of any sort, just wish they did some parts differently.
    08-04-2010 02:33 AM
    I'm going to continue using Bloo 1.5. - this new Facebook upgrade takes up over 6mg!!!
    08-04-2010 03:40 AM
    I like the integration with the contacts and Account and Sync, as this definitely provides a somewhat more complete Facebook-experience than FriendStream. So, I might do some testing and turn FriendStream off in favor of this.

EDIT: I've done some testing, and it seems it won't sync with contacts after all. I've picked existing contacts only, as I don't want 150+ people in my contacts list, but when I press Link to Facebook in a profile, it opens the FriendStream Facebook (Facebook for HTC Sense) and asks me to log in. Aaarrrgh.

EDIT2: Aaaaaand now FriendStream tells me I have no friends. Oh wow.

EDIT3: Just did it all over from the start, and FriendStream managed to find the old links to the contacts so I didn't have to do that all over again. Set FriendStream to sync contacts only, and Facebook 1.3.0 to handle the rest. I really wish they'd introduce more widget styles like FriendStream though. I'd like a widget that fills 4x8 squares on the home screen, instead of the tiny little thing they've got now.
    08-04-2010 05:29 AM
    I got this last night and I am still disappointed in it. Notifications are still broken and when go into the app to check them they take you to the mobile site. Back to Bloo 1.5 for me :/
    08-04-2010 08:17 AM
    I got this last night and I am still disappointed in it. Notifications are still broken and when go into the app to check them they take you to the mobile site. Back to Bloo 1.5 for me :/
    Yeah, I'm still using Bloo for notifications, chat and a couple other minor things, but the app for everything else. Bloo has way too many things wrong with it for me to use exclusively. Basically I just let it run in the background for chat and notifications. Maybe Bloo Too will fix some of its issues.

Really the combination of the native app, Bloo 1.5 and the touch site is necessary right now. Would love to get that down to only 2 apps.
    08-04-2010 08:25 AM
    I like the integration with the contacts and Account and Sync, as this definitely provides a somewhat more complete Facebook-experience than FriendStream. So, I might do some testing and turn FriendStream off in favor of this.

EDIT: I've done some testing, and it seems it won't sync with contacts after all. I've picked existing contacts only, as I don't want 150+ people in my contacts list, but when I press Link to Facebook in a profile, it opens the FriendStream Facebook (Facebook for HTC Sense) and asks me to log in. Aaarrrgh.

EDIT2: Aaaaaand now FriendStream tells me I have no friends. Oh wow.

EDIT3: Just did it all over from the start, and FriendStream managed to find the old links to the contacts so I didn't have to do that all over again. Set FriendStream to sync contacts only, and Facebook 1.3.0 to handle the rest. I really wish they'd introduce more widget styles like FriendStream though. I'd like a widget that fills 4x8 squares on the home screen, instead of the tiny little thing they've got now.
    I'm having a problem with my Droid X. It won't even allow me to sync the contacts! I have the option to, but once I hit it and go back one screen, it isn't selected anymore! Weird.
    08-04-2010 08:27 AM
    Is it perfect? No... Is it a tremendous improvement over the original? Hell to the yes...

I don't care what iPhone's have that I don't... All I care about is that some developers are making strides to improve on products and not just release it and let it be... If you want to play the "They have this" game, then we have scrolling pics on the bottom... They don't... We have widgets available to quickly check statuses and such from our home screen, they don't...

I understand communicating issues you have with the app and even passing along things you'd like to see in future updates... But complaining about an app in which you don't pay anything for over and over is just absurd... ::Steps off soapbox::

Soooo.... Yeah, I like it!
    08-04-2010 08:54 AM
    When I try to play video files in facebook they give an error, "sorry, this video cannot be played" This is with videos that friends post, as well posted youtube videos. anyone else? please check on this and post... HTC EVO with Sense 2.2
    08-04-2010 09:02 AM
    When I try to play video files in facebook they give an error, "sorry, this video cannot be played" This is with videos that friends post, as well posted youtube videos. anyone else? please check on this and post... HTC EVO with Sense 2.2
    Just clicked on a YouTube video and it asked me what to open it up in (since I don't set a default) and it played fine if I opened it in a browser, but if I opened it in the YouTube player, I got a "Sorry, this video cannot be played. This video is not available on mobile"" message.

Tried it from Bloo and got the same message (not surprisingly, since it's still the YouTube player)

That's annoying.
    08-04-2010 09:22 AM
    It looks like Facebook has taken over this project. Before it was not developed by Facebook itself. Their contact information is now a Facebook address and on it's Facebook page the "this app is not developed by Facebook" is now gone! Looks like we should be getting full support sooner or later!

Login | Facebook
    08-04-2010 09:53 AM
    ok so i have not been able to get my contacts profile pictures to be updated by sense. So can all that be updated with the new facebook...with the contacts i have linked?
    08-04-2010 09:58 AM
    is anyone else having issues with their friends list within the update? Every time I try to go into "Friends", it gives me a Sorry! force close error... I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times on my (and my wife's) Incredibles with no luck...
    08-04-2010 10:13 AM
    I'm trying to remove my 900 FB contacts, how would I do that? I only want FB data with my existing contacts. Tried the option in settings but it didn't work
    08-04-2010 10:15 AM
    I'm trying to remove my 900 FB contacts, how would I do that? I only want FB data with my existing contacts. Tried the option in settings but it didn't work
    If you log out of Facebook, it should remove all the contacts and user related info from your phone. Then log back in and don't sync all contacts, only sync the existing contacts.
    08-04-2010 10:29 AM
    Yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble with that function. It seems like it just doesn't want to work.
    08-04-2010 10:29 AM
    I went into My Accounts and "remove" the FB account. Doing so doesn't actually delete the account, but rather, it logs your phone out of FB connectivity. It also removes all the contacts that came from FB. There's still an entry in My Accounts to log back into FB.
    08-04-2010 10:34 AM
    I uninstalled it this morning, I think it is a step forward but that the m.facebook.com is still the way to go for me, faster and more reliable. I can live without notifications. IMO it just adds to battery drain.
    08-04-2010 10:46 AM
    I think I nearly had a heart attack when I got a Facebook notification for an event before the e-mail notification even came through. Before the update, I got them usually hours later.
    08-04-2010 12:06 PM
    is anyone else having issues with their friends list within the update? Every time I try to go into "Friends", it gives me a Sorry! force close error... I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times on my (and my wife's) Incredibles with no luck...
    I'm having the same problem. I have no clue how to fix it. It doesn't seem like everyone is having this problem, so there has got to be a fix.
    08-04-2010 12:21 PM
    If you log out of Facebook, it should remove all the contacts and user related info from your phone. Then log back in and don't sync all contacts, only sync the existing contacts.
    Tried logging off all facebook accounts with no luck. How would I remove the contacts now that I'm logged off?
    stacyadell likes this.
    08-04-2010 01:16 PM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD