08-22-2010 12:53 PM
123 12345
tools
    When I try to play video files in facebook they give an error, "sorry, this video cannot be played" This is with videos that friends post, as well posted youtube videos. anyone else? please check on this and post... HTC EVO with Sense 2.2
    Just clicked on a YouTube video and it asked me what to open it up in (since I don't set a default) and it played fine if I opened it in a browser, but if I opened it in the YouTube player, I got a "Sorry, this video cannot be played. This video is not available on mobile"" message.

Tried it from Bloo and got the same message (not surprisingly, since it's still the YouTube player)

That's annoying.
    Just an update. Rebooted the phone (just power off/on) and they are playing now with the Youtube player. Not sure something got changed or just restarting the phone fixed it.
    08-04-2010 01:19 PM
    Tried logging off all facebook accounts with no luck. How would I remove the contacts now that I'm logged off?
    You removed the FB account under My Accounts or did you just log off FB from your widgets/browsers/app?
    08-04-2010 02:13 PM
    I removed the account from My Accounts and log off all FB accounts(mobile, touch, app)
    08-04-2010 02:56 PM
    You removed the FB account under My Accounts or did you just log off FB from your widgets/browsers/app?
    I removed the account from My Accounts and log off all FB accounts(mobile, touch, app)
    08-04-2010 02:57 PM
    The new version of Facebook is horrible on my ATT Captivate.

Every time it updates my synced contacts, it adds another linked contact to that person.

For example, I have John Smith in my phone and on Facebook. The old version of Facebook for Android automatically linked them, so I had 2 linked contacts under the name "John Smith." One was the phone's contact and the other was Facebook's contact. Now, with the new version, it will link ANOTHER contact to John Smith every time it does a sync update. All of the Facebook friends that are linked to people in my Phone Contacts now have 5... no, wait 6... no... 7 linked contacts. 1 phone and 6 Facebook. I attempted to disable the sync and enable it again (even uninstalled the Facebook App, cleared all of the contacts out of my phone and started from scratch), and I still have this problem.

WTF facebook? If you want to mine my data, at least do it in a way that is functional.

EDIT: Pictures also aren't syncing now, which is the ONLY reason I have that sync enabled anyway. Guess I will have to manually add pictures of people like old times.
    08-04-2010 03:01 PM
    Still having the force close issue with the friends list. I've tried everything I can think of. Reinstall, reboot, battery pull, and finally, unistall update reboot reinstall update reboot, and nothing! I still get the stupid force close. HELP!!! PLEASE!!!
    08-04-2010 03:49 PM
    Like many are saying, the contact pictures not syncing is my biggest issue at the moment. I'm running FriendStream and this new Facebook app in tandem so that I can get decent FB functionality and synced avatars for my phone's contacts. The new app just won't do it.
    08-04-2010 04:31 PM
    Uninstalled, now for the 2nd time. Straight awful.
    08-04-2010 05:06 PM
    I have a Captivate, and I have two different Facebook options when trying to add it to Accounts and Sync. One will do both calendar and contacts with pictures, and the other just does contacts without pictures.

I'll admit, my BlackBerry did a better job than the Android version. Contacts were sync'd with no manual process, I was able to tag photos, and notifications were real-time.
    08-04-2010 05:12 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with Awake Time since this update? My Up Time used to be significantly higher (12 hrs) than my Awake Time (3 hrs). Today, since I installed the update to FB, there is less than 1 hour between the two. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    08-04-2010 05:14 PM
    The new fb app prevents the phone from sleeping. Downgrade and your awake time will return to normal.
    08-04-2010 06:50 PM
    I have a Captivate, and I have two different Facebook options when trying to add it to Accounts and Sync. One will do both calendar and contacts with pictures, and the other just does contacts without pictures.

I'll admit, my BlackBerry did a better job than the Android version. Contacts were sync'd with no manual process, I was able to tag photos, and notifications were real-time.
    I just noticed the other sync option there too. That's the way I used to do out and it works wonderfully. Thanks for the advice.

I also come from a blackberry and the notifications were great with them. Then again, it is only software, and that will be developed in due time. Just trying to be patient with it for how.

Is anyone else having issues with Awake Time since this update? My Up Time used to be significantly higher (12 hrs) than my Awake Time (3 hrs). Today, since I installed the update to FB, there is less than 1 hour between the two. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    How do I check my awake time? Now you've got me curious.
    08-04-2010 07:22 PM
    UI is nice, Awake time bug is pissing me off.
    08-04-2010 07:31 PM
    Man, what a ****ty update this is. The UI is basically the only improvement. Now this bull**** service runs in the background when I don't even have sync or notifications on. 100% wake time? No thanks. Uninstalled.
    08-04-2010 07:51 PM
    Wow, that no sleep bug is very annoying. Didn't even realize thats why my battery has been weak today.
    08-04-2010 10:26 PM
    The new fb app prevents the phone from sleeping. Downgrade and your awake time will return to normal.
    How do we downgrade?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-04-2010 10:28 PM
    How do we downgrade?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.
    Go to manage aps and use the uninstall update option.
    08-04-2010 10:40 PM
    I love the new look!
    08-04-2010 10:44 PM
    I want to be able to see my friend's Friend List!!
    08-04-2010 11:13 PM
    **** this update and **** the Facebook app in general. It's sucked from the beginning and even the update still sucks. Not only does it still suck as being an app it also sucks at NOT sucking my battery. Smh..
    08-04-2010 11:25 PM
    Yea all the negative reviews in the market prevented me from upgrading...seems like that might have been a good move for now.
    08-04-2010 11:30 PM
    How do I check my awake time? Now you've got me curious also !
    08-04-2010 11:33 PM
    Uninstalled this crap. After Froyo, the full site works perfectly in the browser... even chat works. Why use this nonsense?
    08-04-2010 11:44 PM
    Uninstalled this crap. After Froyo, the full site works perfectly in the browser... even chat works. Why use this nonsense?
    Isn't it just absolutely ****ing horrible? **** that. This huge screen is great for viewing regular sites instead of mobile the chat worked with 2.1 though
    08-04-2010 11:54 PM
    How do I check my awake time? Now you've got me curious also !
    Settings > about phone > battery
    08-05-2010 12:04 AM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD