FACEBOOK UPDATE!!!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one not having these problems? The app hasn't caused a dramatic decrease in my battery life and I haven't had a FC since the first time I tried to open it after upgrading.

Makes me wonder if the issue is with the FB and it's interaction with Sense and/or Touchwiz. Using a Nexus One, the app seems to be running fine on vanilla Android.

jastop

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Tried to get it to work for two days, too much awake time killing the battery. Uninstalled. Too bad, the user interface is an improvement.

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one not having these problems? The app hasn't caused a dramatic decrease in my battery life and I haven't had a FC since the first time I tried to open it after upgrading.

Makes me wonder if the issue is with the FB and it's interaction with Sense and/or Touchwiz. Using a Nexus One, the app seems to be running fine on vanilla Android.

I don't see these problems either on my Droid X.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I was on board with all of this until I spoke to my buddy who has been complaining about battery since the 2.2 update and he doesnt even have facebook on his phone.
Maybe there is an issue with facebook but it is not THE issue.

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice an issue on my EVO BUT I also run GOOD and that never allows my phone to go to "sleep". I wish there was as much pressure on Good to fix their issue as there has been on FB.

JayL

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
wierd how my evo is having the same battery life with the new FB both with official FROYO

I wonder if it is because I have FB notifications off

and my uptime and awaketime are not even close 20hrs vs 3hrs

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to the latest FB app on my X, but I think I'm having the battery issues. I'd like to uninstall the update. If I go to manage applications -> facebook -> uninstall, does it remove it completely, or will I revert back to the previous version? I don't want to give it up completely, just remove the last update.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to the latest FB app on my X, but I think I'm having the battery issues. I'd like to uninstall the update. If I go to manage applications -> facebook -> uninstall, does it remove it completely, or will I revert back to the previous version? I don't want to give it up completely, just remove the last update.
It removes it completely on the droid x.

dgs2000

May 16, 2010
Visit site
New version available in the Market. Let's see if it fixes the battery life issue...

Update: it definately doesn't fix the contact photo issue. :(

Last edited:

anon(2953)

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
New version available in the Market. Let's see if it fixes the battery life issue...

Update: it definately doesn't fix the contact photo issue. :(

Mine has been syncing for five minutes now with the 1.3.1 update.

Do you know if it fixes the multiple facebook contacts problem?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

That, too. I have 50 links to the "nativefacebook" app foe each if my contacts. What the ****?

dgs2000

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Nope. I turned off the contact sync after it was clear that the photo sync issue wasn't fixed, and I was already up to three
Fb contacts per :)

anon(2953)

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Nope. I turned off the contact sync after it was clear that the photo sync issue wasn't fixed, and I was already up to three
Fb contacts per :)

Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE!!!

Finally finished snycing, and didn't fix anything... just as you said.

Surely, once they've actually fixed this bug, we're not going to have to go through our own contacts, one-at-a-time, and remove all of the extraneous links. I will be furious if that's the case. Not sure exactly how they'll be able to do it from their end though, without risking removing the valid links, too.

What a complete clusterfrak!

riste601

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed the multiple contacts for some of my contacts. So I went into facebook -> menu -> settings -> sync contacts , selected remove facebook data , then went to android accounts and sync and ran the sync from there. That cleaned up my phone contacts. Facebook photos still show up, they don't update though. Messages also show up under updates and events for the contact. Just glad to not have all the duplicate names in my contact list. This is for facebook 1.3.1 btw.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance