Has anyone tried the AlpineQuest GPS Hiking app? AlpineQuest GPS Hiking - Android app on AppBrain

I've been looking for one and that one seems the best bet. The free lite version seems to be not optimal, but the paid version looks great from the comments.

Does anybody have comments on it or other app suggestions for hiking or camping?
    tritan likes this.
    08-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Anyone?
    08-04-2010 01:33 PM
    As a backpacker and hiker I think this looks good. I will look into it. I am too a fourm 9630 owner amazing how much more the droid can do over blackberry don't you think?
    08-04-2010 05:07 PM
    I tried the free version a little but I had trouble find a good off line map for the US.
    Right, I am using Oruxmap, which is free, works great so far, and I have been able to use maps from mytopo.com, which are great for hiking in the U.S.

The big question is how you create off line maps with Alpine GPS.
    08-04-2010 07:19 PM
    ok, I found the way to create maps based on mytopo.com and that can be saved for orux or alpine gps. You need a beta version of Mobile Atlas creator (1.8). You can download it at Browse Mobile Atlas Creator Files on SourceForge.net
    08-04-2010 07:35 PM
    With Alpine GPS, you need maps in their format, .aqm, which I had trouble finding for the U.S. I couldn't figure out how to use mytopo.com maps to make maps. Can you explain how?
    08-09-2010 11:54 AM
    Why don't you try my application: <a href="https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jezit.hiker.android">Instant Panorama</a> .
    It draws panoramas and names all visible peaks from any location.
    It does not need any additional files, however it needs internet connection.
    Let me know what do you think about it.
    06-12-2011 09:07 PM
    Why don't you try the application I have created recently: <a href="https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jezit.hiker.android">Instant Panorama</a> .
    Let me know what do you think.
    06-12-2011 09:12 PM
    Why don't you try the application I have created recently:
    Instant Panorama
    Let me know what do you think.
    06-12-2011 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD