Simple Twitter and Facebook Widget

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting my Droid Incredible on Friday and I'm looking for a simple Twitter widget and a simple Facebook widget. I only use twitter to for following (CNN, Android Central, Mac Rumors, sports players, etc.) and never write any posts. So I basically need a widget that will let me scroll through new posts from the sources that I follow. I don't want the widget pulling feeds all the time because it wastes battery. I just want it to refresh from where I left off the last time I checked the widget. The same thing with Facebook-- just want to scroll through NewsFeed items. What two simple widgets will let me do this?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The Droid Incredible already has a Twitter application and widget install from HTC. It's called HTC Peep. There's also FriendStream which streams both Twitter and Facebook in one widget. That is also a HTC preinstalled app and in my opinion by far the best one. You can set it where you manually refresh all posts.

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
how about 1 that does both? give pure messenger widget a shot

I'd actually like to keep them separate. So two separate widgets would be best.

The Droid Incredible already has a Twitter application and widget install from HTC. It's called HTC Peep. There's also FriendStream which streams both Twitter and Facebook in one widget. That is also a HTC preinstalled app and in my opinion by far the best one. You can set it where you manually refresh all posts.

I'm probably going to install LauncherPro so I won't be able to use the HTC Sense widgets so I was looking for a non-HTC alternative. Am I correct about not being able to use HTC widgets with LauncherPro?

Dickpill

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Yea, HTC widgets disappear once you're using LauncherPro. I'm using the EVO 4g. Can't help you with the widget question though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol