I'm getting my Droid Incredible on Friday and I'm looking for a simple Twitter widget and a simple Facebook widget. I only use twitter to for following (CNN, Android Central, Mac Rumors, sports players, etc.) and never write any posts. So I basically need a widget that will let me scroll through new posts from the sources that I follow. I don't want the widget pulling feeds all the time because it wastes battery. I just want it to refresh from where I left off the last time I checked the widget. The same thing with Facebook-- just want to scroll through NewsFeed items. What two simple widgets will let me do this?
    08-04-2010 09:39 PM
    how about 1 that does both? give pure messenger widget a shot
    08-04-2010 10:53 PM
    Yea pure messenger sounds like it should cover what you want. It's nice and clean.
    08-05-2010 12:35 AM
    The Droid Incredible already has a Twitter application and widget install from HTC. It's called HTC Peep. There's also FriendStream which streams both Twitter and Facebook in one widget. That is also a HTC preinstalled app and in my opinion by far the best one. You can set it where you manually refresh all posts.
    08-05-2010 01:17 AM
    how about 1 that does both? give pure messenger widget a shot
    I'd actually like to keep them separate. So two separate widgets would be best.

The Droid Incredible already has a Twitter application and widget install from HTC. It's called HTC Peep. There's also FriendStream which streams both Twitter and Facebook in one widget. That is also a HTC preinstalled app and in my opinion by far the best one. You can set it where you manually refresh all posts.
    I'm probably going to install LauncherPro so I won't be able to use the HTC Sense widgets so I was looking for a non-HTC alternative. Am I correct about not being able to use HTC widgets with LauncherPro?
    08-05-2010 09:30 AM
    anybody?
    08-05-2010 05:43 PM
    Yea, HTC widgets disappear once you're using LauncherPro. I'm using the EVO 4g. Can't help you with the widget question though.
    08-05-2010 06:15 PM
    anybody?
    i would still try pure messenger. its completely customizable, so you can have one pure messenger widget showing your FB stuff, and then make another one that just shows twitter
    08-05-2010 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD