I'm trying to find something that stops the volume buttons from changing ringtone volume and just media volume or something like that. I read about something called Allvolumes, but can't find it on Market or elsewhere.

Help? Accidentally turning down ringtone volume and having to "catch" sound in games in order for the media volume changer to take effect is getting annoying.
    08-05-2010 07:36 AM
    Try Ring Guard in Market. Works for me!
    08-05-2010 11:07 AM
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I use an app called Setting Profiles (which does a lot of stuff) but one thing I've done with it is set up a "In a Meeting" profile that silences everything. I just have an icon on my home screen I click and I can quickly swap to it or back to my "normal" profile with sounds enabled. That way I can be in the restroom stall and quickly swap to my "Meeting" profile and play a game or something

I also have other things set up like a "Night" profile that silences everything but the ringer (since I still want to be reached in an emergency and whatnot), and a "car" profile that makes my navigation prompts louder and automatically uses the speakerphone for incoming calls (since I have my phone in a mount in the car).

The app also lets you do a lot of other things. For example my "Night" profile automatically activates from 11:30pm to 6:30am, my 'Car" profile automatically turns on when I plug in my car charger and I have different profiles for different locations i have an "Office" and "Home" profile that turns on automatically based on my GPS location and turns on my wi-fi and other things.

Not sure that fits your bill or not, and I'm sure there's other options out there. I was just finding that there are volume controls for ringers, alarms, notifications, media, navigation, etc....and Setting Profiles allowed me to set up profiles and control each one individually based on what profile I was in.
    08-05-2010 11:56 AM