What launchers are your favorite ?

What launcher do you mostly use ?

What is you favorite thig about these launchers ?

Ok basically this thread is for general discussions about different launchers.
    04-24-2013 03:07 PM
    Action Launcher is by far my favorite. Dev Chris Lacy has packed the most useful features in without a lot of the fluff in other launchers.

Specifically, I'm a big fan of the app drawer as a list that you can swipe to, covers for quick launching apps and shutters for using widgets without taking up home screen space. The action bar is also useful and eliminates the need for a play store shortcut on the home screen.

A lot of people have requested theme support but honestly I can do without.
    04-24-2013 04:05 PM
    Apex launcher was my launcher of choice until yesterday when I changed to go launcher. I wanted to use the multi wallpaper features and now I can my device looks and feels awesome.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    04-24-2013 04:09 PM
    I haven't bought Action Launcher yet (no free version) but it interests me. I'm a bit of an interface junkie and have downloaded every free version I can find to check them out.

I've primarily used Go Launcher on my devices, most because I could hide apps in the drawer but virtually every launcher does this. I liked the level of customization in Go. I like a very clean, stoic home, so I don't use widgets or have any app icons on my home screen. This also means I only need one home. Go allowed me to put folders IN the app drawer, which was a plus for organization. It let me configure a swipe up to reach the app drawer and hide the dock completely, so there's no visual indication how to make it go (pun intended). Go has started to get a bit spammy for my tastes, so I started to look around.

I recently discovered Lightning Launcher and it has displaced Go as my default launcher. Lightning wins the prize for customization options, hands down. You can put anything, anywhere, at any angle, and make it look any way. A favorite feature of mine is the per-object transparency settings. With this I can have completely invisible, clickable icons and keep my clean home screen look. I'd encourage you to watch the Play Store video on this one to get an idea of the different types of looks you can create.
    04-24-2013 10:11 PM
    I'd recommend coughing up the $4 for action launcher, especially if clean is your thing. Here's my sole home screen.

I have a single page and can launch any app in 5 seconds or less with this set up. The developer also came up with a way to launch widgets from an app icon on the home screen or in a folder.

It's fairly light on customization options to other launchers but if speed of use is important you'll appreciate it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails conversation/discussion about launchers.-uploadfromtaptalk1366934207410.jpg  
    trinamorgan88 and stalemate1 like this.
    04-25-2013 07:00 PM
    You may laugh when I say this but I purchased (had app for more than 15 minutes so refund not possible) SPB shell 3D...yes...the $15 SPB SHELL 3D. Let's just say that there is no way that it justifies the price. Nuf said. Though these HTC sense 3.0 themes are no where near to sense feel/qualify/features/functionality. Though I have tried Atom launcher and I really like their themes.

I must admit. Lighting launcher is excellent but I just can't get it to run without glitches. It could be poor comparability with my phone or I'm just Android illiterate. Its one or the other.

Though my favorites would probably be LauncherPro and Atom launcher.

Say what is your favorite top ten launchers ?

thanks for the recommendations guys
    04-26-2013 04:21 AM
    I'd recommend coughing up the $4 for action launcher, especially if clean is your thing. Here's my sole home screen.

I have a single page and can launch any app in 5 seconds or less with this set up. The developer also came up with a way to launch widgets from an app icon on the home screen or in a folder.

It's fairly light on customization options to other launchers but if speed of use is important you'll appreciate it

+1 Sean. They have an excellent concept. (Waiting for the free version)
    04-26-2013 04:29 AM
    I don't think the developer is planning a free version. I think he's said as much on Twitter and Google+

04-26-2013 07:08 AM
    I don't think the developer is planning a free version. I think he's said as much on Twitter and Google+

Pity, but honestly 15 minutes is just so short. It should at least be a full day to properly test it on my device.

Speaking of which, how long have you been using this launcher for and have you experienced any bugs or lagging of any sort ?
    04-26-2013 09:59 AM
    Pity, but honestly 15 minutes is just so short. It should at least be a full day to properly test it on my device.

Speaking of which, how long have you been using this launcher for and have you experienced any bugs or lagging of any sort ?
    I've been using it since January and all of the bugs I've experienced were fixed, with the exception of having to choose a default launcher on reboot. The developer has acknowledged the bugs though and is actively trying to fix them. He iterates pretty quick as well. Last update was about a week ago.

I haven't had any lag with the launcher since upgrading to jelly bean or at least none that I haven't had with the stock launcher on my phone.

04-26-2013 11:06 AM
    I've been using it since January and all of the bugs I've experienced were fixed, with the exception of having to choose a default launcher on reboot. The developer has acknowledged the bugs though and is actively trying to fix them. He iterates pretty quick as well. Last update was about a week ago.

I haven't had any lag with the launcher since upgrading to jelly bean or at least none that I haven't had with the stock launcher on my phone.

Exactly the same experience here. Only issue other than that is that my 4x4 weather widget (Beautiful Widgets and HD Widgets) will not display sometimes. He admits it's a issue and is trying to fix. Overall, I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk
    04-26-2013 12:19 PM

Ok fair enough. What should I try/test with the launcher in the 15 minutes I have - in other words what are the most impressive features I should try out before asking for a refund ?
    04-26-2013 03:52 PM
    Ok fair enough. What should I try/test with the launcher in the 15 minutes I have - in other words what are the most impressive features I should try out before asking for a refund ?
    Here's a few options, you may want to reference my screenshot above:
    - Shutters - place an app icon on the homescreen for an app that has a widget. Swipe or double tap on the icon and you can pull up the app's widget. On the screenshot above, apps with shutters have three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner of the icon
    - Covers - works like Shutters, but has a folder functionality. Place items into a folder like you normally would but next to the area to enter the folder name, you'll find a settings button. Hit it, choose 'create cover.' the first app in the folder now becomes a cover. Like Shutters, you can swipe or double tap the icon to open the folder, or a single tap will open the app. Covers have a square in the bottom right corner. You can also launch shutters from cover folders.
    - App drawer now on the side: see the screenshot. The app drawer can be accessed by swiping the screen to the right or hitting the app icon in the top left corner. The app drawer is organized alphabetically and you can press any letter to go to apps starting with that letter. The dev is also adding functionality to place apps and widgets on the homescreen from this drawer - currently there's a "customize" option in the app menu that works much like the old pre-ICS option to place app icons and widgets on the homescreen.
    - The search button on the top action bar is customizable: you can set it to google now, regular google search or "Quicksearch," a feature by the dev that searches everything on your phone.

Let me know if you want some more screenshots. You can also check out @chrismlacy on twitter for more info.
    04-26-2013 04:36 PM