Hi all,

At first, I thought this was a problem with my "Setting Profiles" app, and posted a question here. Since then, however, I have found out that Setting Profiles is working fine, and it must be that I don't have something set up right, or the Twitter app can't be silenced. Please help...

I have my profile set to silence everything but the phone ringer and alarms at a certain time of day. During that time, everything works like it should, except for Twitter. I still get the audible notification that I have received a new tweet.

What am I missing? Is the Twitter alert not considered a notification sound? Is it an alarm, or a ringer? Or, is there just no way to silence the twitter app alert, other than silencing all twitter alerts all the time? I know I can switch my twitter account to use sms, which I can silence, but I'd rather not do that.

Thanks,
    08-05-2010 07:41 AM
    No one uses the official Twitter app?
    08-05-2010 01:45 PM
    I guess I'll just use a different twitter app and see if that notification system can be silenced.
    08-06-2010 08:52 AM
    I had the same problem, and I emailed the dev of the program 'profiles'. He had heard of it from other users, but didn't have a fix for it. I've since moved on to Seesmic, although not necessarily for that reason.
    08-07-2010 11:54 PM
    No one uses the official Twitter app?
    It's actually quite bad compared to the other apps out there.
    08-08-2010 09:49 AM
    I'm not a bit twitterer, so I don't really see the benefits of a different app, but I changed to Twidroyd and get the silenced notifications like I want. One thing I do like about the official app better is the ability to click on the links in a tweet, as opposed to having a menu pop up.
    08-10-2010 01:06 PM
    Mine silences with Dazzle widget and Sound Manager widget. Id have to uninstall Twitter if I couldn't silence it!
    08-10-2010 01:16 PM
    Mine silences with Dazzle widget and Sound Manager widget. Id have to uninstall Twitter if I couldn't silence it!
    Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Nothing like getting a ZING! at 1am.
    08-10-2010 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD