Scanners

twincasey2

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if there is a scanner app that will scan and tell me the price of a food item in local stores like Walmart, foodlion, bi-lo?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried something like Barcode Scanner or Google Goggles? I haven't personally tried either of them for that use but they might supply those types of results.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried it in a grocery store lately, but Shop Savvy will give you the lowest local prices and the lowest web prices. Not sure it works on groceries since I typically just use it at stores like Best Buy and stuff...mostly just browse at the store and use the scanner to compile a wish list and then I order stuff online.

Groceries might be a bit "too much" for the app since grocery stores are so varied with sales and "buy 3 get one free" or "2 for $5 but regularly $2.99" deals. I am not sure though...some of these apps surprise me with what they will do.

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if there is a scanner app that will scan and tell me the price of a food item in local stores like Walmart, foodlion, bi-lo?

There is no way your phone can possibly know the prices of a local store's inventory, even if you input them all yourself they change all the time. You can scan an item and search for the same product for sale elsewhere on the internet but you cannot tap into their inventory system i:)i

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34