Just bought launcherpro plus and im lovin it
    The peoples widget seems like an awesome thing, my gripe is that all my contact pics are blank.
    I realize that there is a fix for this, if you want facebook pics for your contacts, however i have not set up fb on my DX.
    currently i have twitter, and would like to use those pics to show up in the people widget, and i have linked those profiles in my contact list.
    Anyone know how to fix the blank contact pics without facebook?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-06-2010 05:11 PM
    Do you have the latest update? I remember having this issue in the first few releases, but right now mine is showing contact pictures, regardless of the source.
    08-06-2010 05:34 PM
    I actually had v0.7.3 installed and when I saw it was NOT the latest i got really excited hoping once I install v0.7.4 it will be all good

The install of 0.7.4 went well, except I am still having the same problem with the people widget showing blank pictures unless they have a GMAIL account uploaded with a picture.

again, this is without facebook, i'm trying to get their twitter pic (which is what they show up with in my contact list) in the people widget.

and another thing thats weird is, in order for my contacts to show up in the people widget, I have to star them in my list and then when choosing contacts in the People widget i have to select "Favorites" instead of "Starred in Android"
    08-06-2010 06:41 PM
    I ll really liking this app as well. Runs smooth and the latest version brings in resizable widgets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-07-2010 09:37 PM
    i have the same issue, but i have facebook installed on mine as well. would like to see the pictures come up, but for now it isn't crucial. the latest update is sweet!!
    08-08-2010 07:19 PM
    Search SyncMyPix on the market.
    08-08-2010 08:15 PM
    Search SyncMyPix on the market.
    ^ this... it will solve your problem
    08-08-2010 09:41 PM
    I bought this the day it came out and love it. The widgets are well-designed and the app is very fast. There has been one or two ROMS that didn't seem to be compatible with it, but this may be due to the fact that they had ADW baked in as the default launcher. Either way, it is very apparent that the dev put a lot of time into this app and he deserves to finally receive some compensation for all the work he put into the free and pad versions.
    08-09-2010 12:48 AM
    I did the syncmypix thing and still no pictures on the people widget? whats the fix?
    08-09-2010 12:49 PM
    I just DL'd LP+ last night, and I have the same issue.....no pics for my peeps.

I have an fb account setup on the DroidX and I have pictures in my contact list, but there are not migrating over to the "people" widget of Launcher Pro Plus.

did anyone figure out the answer to this?
    08-13-2010 12:22 PM
    After you guys do the sync to pics, are you hitting the little refresh button on the widget?
    08-13-2010 12:29 PM
    Where can I buy plus? Can't find it in the market.
    08-13-2010 01:37 PM
    08-13-2010 01:50 PM
    it just received an update today, now has a messaging widget!
    08-13-2010 02:00 PM
    For all users:

* Fixed a bug where changing the icon on the default dock shortcuts would revert back to the default icon after restarting LauncherPro (this didn’t happen when you changed the shortcut too).
    * Fixed the menu button not responding after using the trackball or a hardware arrow key.
    * Fixed a bug in the 3rd party scrollable widgets code that would cause the widget to be accidentally lifted while scrolling it.
    * Changed the loading mechanism for the new “Activities” shortcut feature, since it wasn’t loading on some phones due to the amount of data on the list. It should load on all phones now. If you have a lot of apps installed, it might take a couple of minutes for the list to load.
    * Set dock shortcuts to ignore swipes when they have no swipe gesture action set.

For Plus users only:

* Brought back the daily updating of the calendar widget to keep it up to date. I’ve tested the memory usage when using this and the previous memory leaks are fixed.
    * New Messaging widget!. The fourth widget in the LauncherPro Plus series brings your SMS messages right to your homescreens. There are two styles to choose from, a card view that shows one message at a time, and a list view that shows all your messages in a list. Since widgets are now resizable, there’s only one pre-set size for each style, you can resize them to your liking. After you’re done resizing a widget, press the “Back” button on your phone to save the changes and go back to the launcher (just repeating this because I saw a lot of people complaining about their phone being “frozen” after resizing a widget).

In the card mode, you can scroll vertically through your messages. There’s buttons to reply and delete any message, and you can click the sender’s photo to bring out their QuickContact popup (on phones that have this functionality, otherwise it will open their contact card).

In list mode, you can reply to any message by clicking on it. To delete a message or mark it as read, long-press on it and choose the desired option from the menu. You can also click on the sender’s photo to bring up their QuickContact popup (again, only on phones that support it). Clicking on the “Messaging” title should open your default messaging application. There’s two additional buttons, one for marking all messages as read (the button with the checkmark) and the other to compose a new message (it should create and open a blank message on your default messaging application).

* Edit: 0.7.5.1 fixes a bug in 0.7.5.0 where moving the new Messaging widget would cause it to stop automatically updating until either the screen was rotated or LauncherPro was restarted.
    cobra302 likes this.
    08-13-2010 02:37 PM
    It keeps getting better and better. I've never in my life spent $2 on something that continued to improve this much.
    08-13-2010 04:24 PM
    Hi, I'm trying to add Contacts to my People Widget. I selected Faves, as I don't want all my Contacts showing. I was able to add my hubby, but now i can't seem to add anyone else?? I added him by hitting People; selected his name, clicked on More, and then the option 'Set Widget function or something' was listed. It took me a while to see his picture, but I guess I had to hit the Back button.
    I'm no longer getting that option with any of my other contacts. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help!
    08-16-2010 01:12 AM
    Hi, I'm trying to add Contacts to my People Widget. I selected Faves, as I don't want all my Contacts showing. I was able to add my hubby, but now i can't seem to add anyone else?? I added him by hitting People; selected his name, clicked on More, and then the option 'Set Widget function or something' was listed. It took me a while to see his picture, but I guess I had to hit the Back button.
    I'm no longer getting that option with any of my other contacts. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help!
    For the people widget, the contacts that show in the widget is who ever you have in the selected group.

If you have to, just go to your contacts and make a new group and add the people you want, then add your people widget and select the group you just created.
    08-16-2010 02:38 AM
    Bought LP Plus a couple of weeks ago. Overall I like it, but it still FC's a couple times a day. Maybe the new version will fix this...
    08-16-2010 06:57 AM
    any way for it take ur bookmarks from dolphin browser other than the stock browser?
    08-16-2010 10:03 AM
    I just installed LauncherPro Plus. When I set it as my default and switch to LauncherPro from the default 2.2 Launcher (Moto Droid), it doesn't stick. As soon as I hit the home button it quits LauncherPro and reverts to the original Launcher. I've also tried restarting LauncherPro and restarting my phone. Am I doing something wrong?
    08-24-2010 12:46 AM
    Anybody else experiencing this issue with the Google Search Widget?????

When I tap the text input field, as the keyboard comes up the widget is forced up to the top of the home screen and partially under the notification bar.

It becomes useless at this point. If you want to remove the widget, you have to press and hold the spot where the widget originally was and drag the "ghost" widget into the trash.

I uninstalled LP, dropped the widget on a screen and the widget behaved normally.

I hope this bug is fixed soon as I use the widget often and I really like LP!!
    08-24-2010 10:38 AM
    I made a new thread but I might get a reply if I post on here.

I have plus. I added the people widget and selected frequent and all another time and the widget is blank. no contacts show up at all. I've hit refresh but nothing.

How do I get the widget to actually work?

Thanks in advance.

sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk
    08-24-2011 04:44 PM
    Anybody else experiencing this issue with the Google Search Widget?????

When I tap the text input field, as the keyboard comes up the widget is forced up to the top of the home screen and partially under the notification bar.

It becomes useless at this point. If you want to remove the widget, you have to press and hold the spot where the widget originally was and drag the "ghost" widget into the trash.

I uninstalled LP, dropped the widget on a screen and the widget behaved normally.

I hope this bug is fixed soon as I use the widget often and I really like LP!!

I had this same issue. My fix was to not use it. The search (magnifying glass) button on my phone does the same thing...or long press on the menu button.

sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk
    08-24-2011 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD