Best free backup app

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have to swap out my phone and need an app that will remember all my settings and apps. What's the best?

Also, how do I handle the apps that I paid for so I don't have to purchase them again?

Thanks

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
well, any paid apps you can redownload for free if you are using the same gmail account on both phones.

for the backup, if you are rooted, i recommend titanium backup. if unrooted, then try astro file manager, though keep in mind, if you restore apps using astro, you wont be notified for updates for your apps since your phone will think they were sideloaded on to the phone (just how astro works).

another solution is to use appbrain. it wont back up your apps per se, but it does save a list of apps you have downloaded on your phone, making it easy to redownload them when you get your new one

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have to swap out my phone and need an app that will remember all my settings and apps. What's the best?

Also, how do I handle the apps that I paid for so I don't have to purchase them again?

Thanks

Try searching the forum on "back up". There are several threads with many, many suggestions and descriptions of back up apps.