I tried a search not sure what im doing buch of stuff came up but not what I want to know. What is the best keyboard app to download and why? I cant find swype so im looking for something easy to type on and send easy I dont like the way you have to hit space or back the keyboard out to send a text. Any help would be appreciated
    08-07-2010 06:39 PM
    08-07-2010 07:13 PM
    Swype or Swiftkey keyboards
    08-07-2010 07:18 PM
    I like Smart Keyboard Pro.
    08-07-2010 07:26 PM
    Should probably be in the Apps forum, but whatever, lol.

For the Evo, Swype isn't AS good because that means you have to swipe longer... but that's slightly insignificant.
    However, it is still one of the easiest to use keyboards. Only need one finger and you can type as fast as normal. Swype isn't necessarily faster, but it feels that way and is easy to use.

Swiftkey... I haven't gotten used to it, but some people swear by it. It basically predicts your next word and is pretty accurate. I'm not a big fan.

Smart Keyboard Pro... a really good multitouch keyboard on the market... costs a couple bucks but has a LOT of features... and a LOT of settings.

Try to look for a multitouch keyboard on XDA... there are a couple ones that you can find for free. The Droid X keyboard is also multitouch, and it's available if you search here or XDA. Also, check out HTC Ime Multitouch.
    slimshady likes this.
    08-07-2010 07:31 PM
    Swype is good for speed and Swift Key is good for accuracy. I use Swype for texts and Swift Key for Emails. I love Both.
    08-07-2010 07:48 PM
    Ok i downloaded swiftkey went to settings clicked it on but my keyboard is the same any ideas?
    08-07-2010 07:52 PM
    Need to go to a place where you enter text and hold down the area where until it pops up a box, click on input method and click the one you want.
    slimshady likes this.
    08-07-2010 08:05 PM
    I guess I'm part of the minority who actually prefers the stock HTC keyboard. The predictive text on this one works best for me.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
    08-07-2010 08:42 PM
    I tried a search not sure what im doing buch of stuff came up but not what I want to know. What is the best keyboard app to download and why? I cant find swype so im looking for something easy to type on and send easy I dont like the way you have to hit space or back the keyboard out to send a text. Any help would be appreciated
    If you want to try swype....check out this post on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687056

TootNBerry likes this.
    08-07-2010 08:45 PM
    I've been using Fire Keys Unlimited -- like the ability to add phrases to memory (seems to be lacking in stock keyboard.) Have not tried many others, though.
    08-07-2010 10:35 PM
    If you want to try swype....check out this post on XDA

Swype for the EVO? Now with an *****-PROOF GUIDE! - xda-developers

This is just for the Evo or DX ?
    08-08-2010 01:47 PM
    Swype ftw!

I do wasn't to try Swift though... Anyone can link?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-08-2010 01:55 PM
    I can't deal with Swype. I've tried it again and again, but although it's fast, it's not nearly as accurate as I'd like for it to be.

I've been using HTC IME on my Captivate for the last week, and I LOVE it. It's quick, the predictions are mostly correct, and because it has special characters on press and hold, it makes text entry that much faster. Plus, the popup time is customizable, so if you want it to happen extra-quickly, you have that option. The only issue I've come across is that it does definitely lag when either haptic feedback or sounds on keypresses are turned on, but that's easy enough to fix - I just turn them off. I do miss having feedback of some sort when pressing they keys, but I think the speed with which I can type more than makes up for that.
    08-08-2010 02:07 PM
    Swype - easily. One of my few Absolutely-Gotta-Have-Apps
    08-08-2010 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD