swype download?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It is closed beta . You need to sign up and wait to get invited. Or buy a droid that has it preinstalled

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
yeah moosc has the right info. sign up for an invite or buy a new droid x or samsung galaxy s.

and for anybody who is planning on posting a link to the APK for it, please don't. i would appreciate not having to delete posts with that because as i am sure most of you know, we do not allow warez in the forum. thank you

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It's not open all the time just at certain times. When developer needs more testers he opens it up and everyone can apply. Then when they feel they have enough testers they close it. That's how I see it.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I don't feel like rooting just to get Swype, and I am tired of waiting for an "official" release.

Any problems with SlideIT? I know if I buy it (it's $5.99) Swype will be released next week :)

westie3130

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I am using Slideit, free version. It's pretty good. Makes some mistakes, but a good alternative to Swype. Can also use speech to text with it- also not always accurate, but is a time saver.