Google Keep - No Voice Recording?

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got an HTC One and everything on Keep works fine, except when you hit the Mic icon it pops up and says "voice recording not available". Anyone else ever receive this notification, or could it be specific to the One? I've been troubleshooting but can't for the life of me figure out what's preventing the device from using this function.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Basic question, but do you have a wifi or mobile data connection active? Voice recording requires an internet connection.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does voice recording work in other situations, like in Google Drive or when inputting something using the browser?

By the way, I was mistaken--with Jellybean, voice transcription is now functional without an internet connection, as long as the library has been downloaded/installed. I think it wasn't possible with ICS.

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Does voice recording work in other situations, like in Google Drive or when inputting something using the browser?

By the way, I was mistaken--with Jellybean, voice transcription is now functional without an internet connection, as long as the library has been downloaded/installed. I think it wasn't possible with ICS.

Yes, voice recording works in all other aspects. But what is the library that's supposed to be downloaded? HTC has an English language package downloaded for offline voice listed in its settings, but it's not necessarily associated with Google. Is there something else or someplace else I should be looking to download this? I thought Keep might not work with 4.1, which is what I have, but I don't think that's it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at Settings/Language & Input, then tapped the gear symbol next to Google voice typing, and tapped Download Offline Speech Recognition. My phone already had English installed, which must have been included with the JB update, because I didn't do it myself manually.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc