Is my task killer useless with froyo?

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the full version of task manager, and I am on android 2.2 with the HTC Evo.

I downloaded an app called "Appswipe" and in the description it says

"FROYO USERS: No apps can kill other apps in FroYo... Sorry!!!"

Does this mean my task manager can't kill apps either? Every time i hit the task manager widget to kill, it says X number of Apps killed, xxxMB Memory available.

I had noticed that the browser picks up where i leave off even if i kill all running apps using task manager.

Is there a way around this? I found task manager to be really useful with 2.1

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
you never NEEDED a task killer in 2.1 and certainly not in 2.2

if you really care about your battery adjust your settings.

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I didn't read that as a battery question. OP wanted to know if his task killer was irrelevant. OP, I am still using ATK. SOME apps seem to stay dead, but quite a few come back within minutes of being killed. I am thinking task killers are indeed no longer working. I still use ATK though. Placebo effect? Maybe, but I am going to keep using it. :)

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much. If you kill apps with the Task Killer, Froyo relaunches them again within a few seconds to a few minutes. It's still good to have access to a quick list of running programs and a means to switch to those programs, but task killing is right out.

dcross9818

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I use systray monitor to keep an eye on my free memory, on 2.1 I would use a task killer when I dropped below 50MB. With 2.2, it hasn't dropped below 100MB free so I agree with those saying there is no point... The only lag I've encountered is in the stock messaging app and it isn't exactly common. Oh and this is on an Evo 4G

---dcross9818

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7