Apps for divorced people

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Yep. I think this is the first thread of this kind on here! So - short story - I have a crazy ex. And I've learned a few things and ways that my smartphone has or could have helped. Here are the main ones:

Dropbox or Evernote:
One thing I learned real quick - document everything. Everything. Great way to store information whether it's audio clips, images, documents, etc. Very helpful.

Google Drive:
Similar to these, but good to store legal documents. My kids live in another state and once after driving down there (2.5 hours) I found out my ex didn't want to bring them to meet me. So I had to go to the local law enforcement and have them, um, "persuade" her to do the right thing. So I keep copies of my divorce decree and other subsequent agreements and such on Drive and I can show them to law enforcement or easily print them or Email them as needed.

Call Recorder:
I'm currently using a free app called "App Recorder." Clever, huh? It's simple - it records every call from the moment the line starts ringing. Unlike others, it doesn't require you to be on speakerphone. The only downside of the free version is that it records all calls (can't be selective). That, and a potential downside is that it doesn't work with Bluetooth. But the quality of the recorded call is great.

Hopefully not many of you need these apps for these purposes, but if you do - they're very helpful.

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Everything is fine and dandy till you brought up the call recorder because recording a call is illegal in the some states if all party members of the call don't consent to be recorded. The states are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington. Be safe! ;)

I do agree though dropbox has saved me plenty of times when I needed a document asap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
On it. I'm in South Carolina, so we're ok. Checked with my attorney. But good point to bring up.

Always good to remind people I had a friend who tried using recorded conversations in one of those states where he didn't notify his wife so he ended up being charged plus disposed even though it proved a lot with the child custody battle. :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12