Android TweetDeck - Beta Test

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Can we not change ANY settings on this? There is no settings menu that I can find to enable audible notifications or even just set any types of settings outside of account configuration.

Aside from that, loving it.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Can we not change ANY settings on this?

The same thing was on my mind. I figured out how to turn off new tweet notifications, but as far as refresh intervals, audible aleerts, etc... No clue. Aside from that, and no widget, it's a decent start.

UPDATE: From what I can also tell, there is no way of sharing from external sources. We've only got to hope that features such as this will be implemented in the final release.

Last edited:

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Woohoo! I got it and it looks nice so far! I do wish it would timestamp each individual tweet (even in smaller font would be good), but it's easy enough to see the top time change for each tweet brought to the top of the screen.

We'll see how I like it after using it a while. :cool:

It seems to pick one main twitter account and no unified timeline. It will however show other accounts such as FB, BUzz, etc. It needs lots of setting adjustments added, we will see what is to come. Signing in with one account does not impress me much. Once you sign in with them all once, it saves the passwords anyways in any app.

I wish someone would make an app like echofon on the iphone where the timeline sync with the desktop and you can swap back and fourth without reading old tweets.

I will say the UI is fairly nice, just needs to get rid of that AARP size font.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
so far so good, i like having all my updates in one timeline, then swipe for just me, then swipe for dm's. what i cant figure out, is how to set notifications, and what the refresh time interval is.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I like having the FB integration too, that's pretty cool. Plus you can sign in with your Tweetdeck account and all your accounts are synced up and ready to go on your phone. It is still beta so there are lots of options that I would hope would be forthcoming in future releases, but so far so good.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
there is no settings menu option. WTF. How do I change the update frequency? Also, I think it is lame that I cannot see a single column with JUST my Facebook friends, and another just for Twitter.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
This is why its called a beta. It stated all this when you signed up. It's bare bones. Don't worry, they will add all this once its final.

Once again... this is BETA.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I added foursquare to it. I dont see the functionality in doing so though. Now I can figure out how to un-sync it. How do we remove an account.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is why its called a beta. It stated all this when you signed up. It's bare bones. Don't worry, they will add all this once its final.

Once again... this is BETA.

I realize this is BETA. But even for a beta it lacks, I don't even think this qualifies as a beta, it is more a concept. It looks great, but unfortunately that is all we get right now, a glimpse at the UI. I am uninstalling until an update is released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC