[Q] how to turn off wifi if no internet connection detected?

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I know that you can have Llama do this as well as about a million other cool things. For instance, when I enter my Home area, Llama turns on wifi but if it doesn't connect to my home wifi within 10 minutes, it turns off. You could set this up for any area you visit that has wifi. There is a thread here about Llama , take a look. FYI it's free!

cuek80

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, i ll check the app out :)

Edit:
Oke Llama is good, but doesnt suit my need. I dont want to turn off WiFi because of no WiFi connection, I want to turn it off because the existing (and connected) WiFi connection doesnt connect to the internet.

For example, sometimes when the internet connection at home is down, from the ISP, phone is still connected to the WiFi, but has no internet connection, so no IM will be sent to my phone.
If i m aware of this, I can turn it off manually, so the phone will use mobile data instead. But if not, the phone will still use WiFi instead of mobile data, while I only assume that there'd no new mail or IM. until I manually check the internet connection (ie. Open a webpage), and realise that the phone is not connected to the internet.

Or at least, is there any difference or indicator from the WiFi icon if the WiFi has internet connection or not?
Thanks anyway.

Last edited: