BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
But how do you go backwards? Just because when you text someone you don't know when they are on why take it away from something that already had it.
Back in the day my phone phone use to ring. Couldnt tell you who it was till I picked it up. Now everything has called Id. If they put out phones without caller id I'm pretty sure youd be saying the same thing.

And all that aside. The biggest complaint would be the friends list. Without that what is it.... Just a list of your phone contacts. Random frequent contacts. Some of which I havent spoken to in years.

Give me back my friends list of people I add. Not who Google feels like or thinks you should.

Posted via Android Central App

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
But how do you go backwards? Just because when you text someone you don't know when they are on why take it away from something that already had it.
Back in the day my phone phone use to ring. Couldnt tell you who it was till I picked it up. Now everything has called Id. If they put out phones without caller id I'm pretty sure youd be saying the same thing.

And all that aside. The biggest complaint would be the friends list. Without that what is it.... Just a list of your phone contacts. Random frequent contacts. Some of which I havent spoken to in years.

Give me back my friends list of people I add. Not who Google feels like or thinks you should.

You obviously don't understand it still, much less what I wrote.

You feel like that because it still does not have SMS integration. They took away the friend list with online off/on view for that exact reason, so toy can send someone a message regardless if they are there or not....and they will still receive it.

Very different from the caller ID concept u speak of.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

You feel like that because it still does not have SMS integration. They took away the friend list with online off/on view for that exact reason, so toy can send someone a message regardless if they are there or not....and they will still receive it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Either witch way. I like the way facebook messenger handles sms and messenger together. Shows your facebook friends in a list. And your phone is separate.

Hangouts doesn't even show your google+ friends in a managable list.

Leave talk alone. It wasn't doing anything to anyone. At least leave it in the app.

Its like if it were 1995. And you were using email. And one day they came and said nope. Its gone. Use aim now.

How do you replace an application and its features with another one without leaving in the features. Google is force feeding their bull now. You don't like it. O well.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

And this is exactly why it's such a big fail. At bare minimum this needed both GV and SMS. Instead we got a gussied up IM app that many don't have and depending on what device they are using would not be able to use. As much as SMS is a pita to still use it is ubiquitous with most people now. One of the things hampering imessages is that it's Apple only. Google did right by being on that to but without what I mentioned earlier most will pass on it instead and just keep using imessages.

What scares me is they say what we are missing will be in soon. Thing is Google has a habit of not following through and just forgetting it. Lets see if they can complete this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
And this is exactly why it's such a big fail. At bare minimum this needed both GV and SMS. Instead we got a gussied up IM app that many don't have and depending on what device they are using would not be able to use. As much as SMS is a pita to still use it is ubiquitous with most people now. One of the things hampering imessages is that it's Apple only. Google did right by being on that to but without what I mentioned earlier most will pass on it instead and just keep using imessages.

What scares me is they say what we are missing will be in soon. Thing is Google has a habit of not following through and just forgetting it. Lets see if they can complete this.

I just like how they put new things out and are always like well have this soon or next time. But we were too lazy to do it now or finish it.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just like how they put new things out and are always like well have this soon or next time. But we were too lazy to do it now or finish it.

Somewhat agree.

it's an unfinished project, but who am I or you to critique its overall rating without its final state complete??

Ppl, just wait and see...I'm not as happy either, but I am enjoying it so far.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Somewhat agree.

it's an unfinished project, but who am I or you to critique its overall rating without its final state complete??

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

That's an excuse with everything these days. O its not done. Nothing is ever done. Thats the excuse everyone gives about everything. Because everything sucks. Lol.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Somewhat agree.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Actually we are exactly the ones to heavily critique this. They released a product before it was ready. What we got is half baked and fairly useless. If we don't hold them accountable now. This app will be forgotten by them like so many others.

Google voice has all but been abandoned and this could have gone a long way to fixing it. Now we are holding and wondering will they follow through. At the moment I'm not there yet.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Who are we? You mean the unsuspecting beta testers of a half-baked, unfinished project shouldn't have an opinion?

I'm delighted I was able to rollback to GTalk and dump this app.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
because I've been burned by other apps updating and either screwing up my phone or just not liking the new look I'm glad I had the forthought to make a backup of talk before I updated. I tried to use it this weekend, it just doesn't work for me the way I use it. I need to be able to see if those people are online, if so I send them and "Instant Message" so I can get a quick response. If I wanted to shoot a message that I don't need to know if they are at their computer or phone I can send an email or text and wait. But when I need something right now, I need to see who's on so I know how to contact them at that time for the quickest response.

And another fail, I used it to start a convo this morning, person never got the message, so I IM'd them from the comp, they got it, and then hangouts started syncing but in a completely different convo.

This is why I'm rooted, Talk is going back on my phone at lunch until they improve this.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are we? You mean the unsuspecting beta testers of a half-baked, unfinished project shouldn't have an opinion?

I'm delighted I was able to rollback to GTalk and dump this app.

X2

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was able to just click the uninstall updates from the app manager. No one else was? Seems like everyone else has to do something crazy to get it back.

And yea. If they didn't want us to critique the apps they would leave out comments and ratings in the market.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I was able to just click the uninstall updates from the app manager. No one else was? Seems like everyone else has to do something crazy to get it back.

And yea. If they didn't want us to critique the apps they would leave out comments and ratings in the market.

I didn't think that would work. Thanks for the reminder, worked fine.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Lol this this board is tough....
Poor choice of words on my behalf, but I meant to say; give a final conclusion that Hangout sucks when the app u r currently using is not the final version.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Poor choice of words on my behalf, but I meant to say; give a final conclusion that Hangout sucks when the app u r currently using is not the final version.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Still shouldnt have lost what made the original app the original app.

Hopefully when they finally merge everhthing and fix it up ill be able to finally update who's on here not just by blocking them.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Still shouldnt have lost what made the original app the original app.

Hopefully when they finally merge everhthing and fix it up ill be able to finally update who's on here not just by blocking them.

Ah. Another fine example Google. Thank you. Google+ update. Can't see instant upload album anymore. Unable to delete photos.

Lets remove more features.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Two months and at least one update later, Hangouts is still a steaming turd.

WTF, Google? My contacts list should be populated by people I actually use Talk with, not formal business contacts I would never, ever contact by this method.
And it looks like a Yahoo reject too.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Two months and at least one update later, Hangouts is still a steaming turd.

WTF, Google? My contacts list should be populated by people I actually use Talk with, not formal business contacts I would never, ever contact by this method.
And it looks like a Yahoo reject too.

Well, this is obviously YOUR opinion. I'm personally really enjoying hangouts. I face-chat all the time with my wife at work, constantly hitting up my friend super fast where as sms take twice as long. It's grouped and organized by frequents and also by how Google+ has my contacts, and I KNOW I can message anyone with an Android device just like I would with sms, without having to know if they are 'online'. If they are available, they'll answer, if not, then later. Heck, I'm even using hangouts with ppl with iPhones. Good luck with your issues buddy, but I'm having a blast.
Thanks Google.

Sent from my SPH-L710

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Well, this is obviously YOUR opinion. I'm personally really enjoying hangouts. I face-chat all the time with my wife at work, constantly hitting up my friend super fast where as sms take twice as long. It's grouped and organized by frequents and also by how Google+ has my contacts, and I KNOW I can message anyone with an Android device just like I would with sms, without having to know if they are 'online'. If they are available, they'll answer, if not, then later. Heck, I'm even using hangouts with ppl with iPhones. Good luck with your issues buddy, but I'm having a blast.
Thanks Google.
Is there anything you listed that wasn't already available on GTalk?

IM with anyone with a Gmail account? Check.

VC with anyone with Gmail and video? Check.

Sorry, what's your point again?

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You obviously can't read very well....

The ABILITY to message anyone on Android without having to request their email.

Better interface, faster messaging. Better quality video chat.

Cross platform and organization.

Some people just CAN'T be pleased. While you are complaining about a messaging app, there are thousands to millions of kids starving out in the world..... And here you are complaining about something so stupid.
Get a life brah.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude