BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Where is your friends list from talk? How do you know how you have on your friends list and remove it?

I like the look. Don't like that you can't tell whos online. Just shows everyone and everybody.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Where is your friends list from talk? How do you know how you have on your friends list and remove it?

I like the look. Don't like that you can't tell whos online. Just shows everyone and everybody.

It'll make more sense when they add SMS, etc. It's meant to be a universal messaging app that pushes messages to people via whatever device they happen to check first, so they don't need to be online; similar to how you can't necessary tell if someone you send a text to is online or not; they just get it and respond at leisure.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Rather than starting another hangouts thread I'll ask within yours.

Is video chat really laggy for everyone? I've tried it twice and its pretty much unusable. Its a killer feature too. Hangouts good be great.

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I want to know why all my 1000+ Facebook friends showed up since I do not have them synced with anything on my phones?

I only use this program (Talk) for communication between my husband and myself since we do not have unlimited SMS.

Also, ALL my contacts showed up -- even my dentist ???? Excuse me? I have business addressed and phone numbers in my contacts list and they all showed up on Hangouts. There is no way to stop that.

I uninstalled and am looking for another program my husband and I can use besides Talk/Hangout. We don't have "meetings" or "face to face" chats .. we use it to tell each other we're leaving work heading home, or stop and get some soda, etc. That's it.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It'll make more sense when they add SMS, etc. It's meant to be a universal messaging app that pushes messages to people via whatever device they happen to check first, so they don't need to be online; similar to how you can't necessary tell if someone you send a text to is online or not; they just get it and respond at leisure.

This.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

sos710m

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
That's fine an all. I still want my talk friends list. So I know who actually has talk and who doesnt. And I have my friends list of just me and my 5 friends who have talk.

This is my issue. Not all my friends use talk just bc they have a Gmail account and I don't wanna waste my time sending a video chat request to my husband while he is working or isn't on his tablet. It was nice to have a green light so I'd know he is there.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This is my issue. Not all my friends use talk just bc they have a Gmail account and I don't wanna waste my time sending a video chat request to my husband while he is working or isn't on his tablet. It was nice to have a green light so I'd know he is there.

I was just on the google+ website. Shows a green bar under people who are online. Why doesnt the phone do this. Hmm.

Like I said though I'm fine with not having that. But I want my friend list. I don't want Google to make one for me. Says frequent contacts. Has people on there I haven't spoken to in years.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok messing with hangouts on here and talk on another phone. When I signed on the picture of that person lights up brighter. When they are off its faded. Only on the add menu. If there Is no picture the grey background is lighter when off darker when on.

Wish it did this in the message menu.

Now I just need a friends list.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it looks pretty awful, and how does it select the six contacts it shows at the t top? Totally weird selection. And no SMS means utterly useless took me and almost everyone I know. And they spent years developing this? Someone needs sacking big time.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think it looks pretty awful, and how does it select the six contacts it shows at the t top? Totally weird selection. And no SMS means utterly useless took me and almost everyone I know. And they spent years developing this? Someone needs sacking big time.

Yea. Where do the 6 come from. And it takes a long time to launch. I think I want a windows phone. Google is getting to self automated.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I want to know why everything isn't perfect on an app that's less than a week old!!!

Relax everyone. Let's allow Google time to make quality updates before we lose our minds.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to know why everything isn't perfect on an app that's less than a week old!!!

Relax everyone. Let's allow Google time to make quality updates before we lose our minds.

Mhmm. An app that replaced an app that was years old and removed the main features from it besides the ability to send messages.

I've been using Google talk since it was an beta desktop program for windows.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping for more from this app. I already have too many apps for this. Many don't use any one of them in particular. It needs proper GV and SMS integration. Just spamming my friends to get this app is not gonna fly here. Until that is done it's just a big fail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping for more from this app. I already have too many apps for this. Many don't use any one of them in particular. It needs proper GV and SMS integration. Just spamming my friends to get this app is not gonna fly here. Until that is done it's just a big fail.

Google is so bent on everyone using google+ I'm not sure why. Since then they are so big on spamming you to death to use certain things and automating processes. I'm getting sick of it.

dylanrod24

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Rather than starting another hangouts thread I'll ask within yours.

Is video chat really laggy for everyone? I've tried it twice and its pretty much unusable. Its a killer feature too. Hangouts good be great.

Is Hangouts laggy on your phone or computer? I use my phone most the time but when I do use the computer it is laggy but I thought it was just my internet connection.

Sent from my XT907

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what the issue is with everyone and Hangouts.....

Seriously, its not "complete" but its a great start. People come in here blabbing out complaints without scrolling up, and reading previous posts where explanations were posted.

When you text someone do u know if they are there???! No. You just wait for an answer! Well this is the same idea of Hangouts. You will only see the person's square lid or grayed out to identify when they are within the app, looking, reading and/or typing, or NOT.

Relax people. I am one to agree it should have been released with SMS integration so it would all make more sense, but that's just around the corner. In the meantime I'm LOVING it. Its fast, smooth, great emojis, you see the animation while waiting when the other person is typing, and video call quality is phenomenal from my experience.

Relax :thumbup::cool::)

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried hangouts and didn't care for it so I restored a backup and went back to talk until hangouts gets more updates

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO