f+ is an application that has one main function, to improve your Facebook experience on Android. Version 2 has been out for a fortnight now and is available on Android Market at the price of 0.79. Search for "f+" on Market.

Features:
    • Choose polling time interval
    • Alerts on Notifications, Inbox Notifications and Friends’ Birthdays
    • Vibrate, LED and Sound options
    • Widget – displays number of Notifications and Inbox Messages
    • Upload multiple photos via the Gallery
    • Places shortcut (add via your Launcher)
    • Open notifications intelligently using a new Post screen, the Facebook application and the mobile websites.
    • If a connection is unavailable, the app will automatically retry when connected. Compatible with JuiceDefender.
    • Doesn't use a Service therefore no long running processes.

Changelog and blog

Screenshots

Link to AppBrain: http://www.appbrain.com/app/uk.co.senab.blueNotify
    08-10-2010 10:46 AM

Hey, i've just released my new app 'Blue Notify' onto Android Market for the price of 0.59.

You can read about it more here, but in essence it gives you proper Facebook notifications for your Android device.

Thanks, Chris

Would be sweet if you could get this to work with some type of push notification system so nothing has to run in the backround and poll. I know froyo 2.2 has cloud to device and the developer info said the same tech that gmail uses for push is available to developers for their apps to use now.
    08-10-2010 12:31 PM
    I think if I really needed FB notifications the simplest easiest route would be to enable e-mail notifications of them in Facebook and just get them in gmail which is running anyway. Paying for an extra app just seems lame.
    08-10-2010 12:39 PM
    Not to put down your app, but you can download bloo 1.4 from the market for free and get the same exact notification for free. Not saying that your coping their idea, but the notification icon is the same and your app is named blue and the original is bloo. Seems like an odd coincidence to me.
    08-10-2010 02:31 PM
    And Bloo 1.5 (not on the market) also does chat. I really hate to discourage development though, but I have Bloo for free that does the same thing (and uses the Bloo app and doesn't redirect to the browser)
    08-10-2010 02:32 PM
    I downloaded this app and whenever i try to open up notifications, i get page can't be displayed
    09-23-2010 11:54 PM
    And Bloo 1.5 (not on the market) also does chat. I really hate to discourage development though, but I have Bloo for free that does the same thing (and uses the Bloo app and doesn't redirect to the browser)
    plus 1 on this
    09-24-2010 01:22 PM
    Just to let you all know. f+ has now hit v2.0.8.4, check it out!
    10-23-2010 03:48 AM
    Bloo – The Android Facebook App

maybe a new bloo isnt a bad idea as the original is pretty much dead.
    10-23-2010 02:44 PM
    All the the lastest comments for your app in the market say that the most recent update broke the app. Has this been fixed yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-24-2010 04:58 AM
    I love this app better than bloo. Developer is very helpful. Check his site out. He has a roadmap of future plans with this app.
    10-24-2010 10:12 AM
    All the the lastest comments for your app in the market say that the most recent update broke the app. Has this been fixed yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Yes, should be
    10-27-2010 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD