When playing Pandora on my Evo, it works great if I have the phone plugged in to a power source. However, if I'm streaming music while only on battery power, Pandora will continue to play the current song when the screen goes dark but will then stop and not play the next song. Once I unlock the phone again it will start playing the next song. It does this when streaming over both wifi and 3G.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and that didn't change anything. I also tried turning off "Auto-Lock" in the app settings, which fixed the pausing problem but obviously affects the battery more. The other side-effect I noticed from the "Auto-Lock" option was that, when exiting Pandora, all my screen widgets and such had to be reloaded, and it even locked up my Evo a few times (maybe 50% of the time or so). Eventually I turned that option off - it's no good if I have to regularly pull the battery to keep my phone working when I'm done with the app.

The weird thing to me is that it behaves totally differently when using a power source compared to using battery. Has anyone else seen this and know of a solution?
    08-10-2010 10:46 AM
    I have the same issue

I don't know if it is only me but when I play Pandora and I am driving I noticed the following.

If I connect Pandora to my radio via jack and hit the power button so my phone will save batteries the Pandora will play for a song or so and go to pause by it self.

If I connect Pandora and I don't hit the power button the phone will play till the battery runs out but the screen will remain on for the duration.

its there a way to full the phone?

Any tricks to save battery while playing Pandora?

01-31-2012 01:29 PM