Hi....I was using Kindle to open these. Then at a certain point Kindle stopped finding things with a prc extension. Amazon seems to have changed policies. Every time I ask an Amazon tech, they hem and haw, but it seems only to find actual Kindle books these days.

So, I downgraded Kindle to an earlier version. I can do that again, I suppose, but it's a pain and it makes me turn off auto app updates, etc.

I use Cool Reader typically for *.prc and *.mobi these days. That generally works great--but with these larger omnibus files I had that were created on old software, it stutters and either won't open them at all or gives up half way through, while the older version of Kindle handled them flawlessly.

So, I'm wondering if there is something out there that is particularly good at handling the larger files in *.prc non-secure format. It may not, to be sure, just be an issue of size, but also older header versions and the like.

All suggestions welcome.
    05-24-2013 06:48 AM
    The good news is that while Kindle seems not to recognize the Kindle directory on the card any more, if I dump the *.prc and *.mobi files into the Kindle directory on the phone, it works fine. (Jellybean, S4) In that directory, it sees everything.

Of course, those short of space and with a lot of big books may not like that ....
    05-27-2013 09:16 AM
    It works like a champ for the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE. Thx!!!
    monsieurms likes this.
    07-15-2013 10:07 PM