I notice that I can't chat on the new droid...am I missing it or is it not available? Do I need an additional app?
    11-16-2009 07:12 PM
    I notice that I can't chat on the new droid...am I missing it or is it not available? Do I need an additional app?
    I and a lot of others seem to be using Meebo IM, it will let you facebook chat. (free in marketplace)
    11-16-2009 07:16 PM
    Well there has been several references to the problems with Facebook. With the head of the apple team quitting the facebook app. perhaps he is looking into a more open source place to build one...
    11-16-2009 07:20 PM
    Scot--im as green as they come on this..can you tell me how to get meebo and how to make it work w/ fb? Thanks!
    11-16-2009 07:23 PM
    Go to the 'marketplace' app on your Droid and search for 'meebo im'. It should come up and just click to install. After it installs just find it and click on it and press 'add accounts' and just put in your facebook login. Make sure that you are online for chats on your computer and then your online facebook contacts will show up on Meebo.
    11-16-2009 07:33 PM
    Facebook chat also works on your browser, albeit a little screwy. When you're viewing the m.facebook page/x.facebook page, scroll to the bottom and click 'full site', that takes you to main FB page. Scroll on down, you'll see chat ready to use.

Zooming in throws it off a bit.

In fact, I'm FB chatting with two people right now on my phone with what I explained above.
    11-16-2009 07:49 PM
    ok, regarding meebo, does anyone else encounter it regularly kicking you out, cuz that happens to me constantly and it gets frustrating, i go through the browser now too, but as stated, it gets screwy too
    08-17-2010 01:47 PM
    Bloo 1.5 has FaceBook Chat integrated.
    08-17-2010 07:05 PM
    There's an awesome chat app called Go!Chat for facebook. There's a free and paid version in the market.
    08-17-2010 10:21 PM
    There's an awesome chat app called Go!Chat for facebook. There's a free and paid version in the market.
    this app works great !!!
    08-18-2010 08:06 AM
    Bloo 1.5 has FaceBook Chat integrated.
    +1 to this if you use FB chat - its also a good replacement FB app
    08-18-2010 08:10 AM
    +1 to this if you use FB chat - its also a good replacement FB app
    Not really.. Bloo is missing way too much and has way too many bugs and quirks. It's a good supplement though for chat and notifications.
    08-18-2010 08:14 AM
    Check ReChat (facebook chat for android): Applications - RefineAndroid : powered by Doodlekit
    - multiple accounts;
    - plain/bubble views. Customize avatar/font sizes.
    - font packs (download separate apk to keep memory).
    - full Unicode support;
    - customize income message notification: default sound/your sound file, LED, vibration, status bar notification.
    - chat history. Export (email) selected messages, open chat messages, whole history for a contact, whole history for all contacts. Archive attachment with 7zip.

Facebook features:
    - all non-chat permissions are revoked, customize period.
    - upload image (several share options)
    - send image to a contact (private wall post).
    - send message to a contact (as a private event or private wall post).
    - set status message.

01-26-2011 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD