i'm looking for a Yellow Page type App. However one that has like the hours the place is open and when it closes.

possibly with user input for their favorite stores or stores other would use.

we all know its annoying when it's a holiday or a Sunday and you don't know what time a store opens or closes at and you hav to call the place to find out if its open or closed.

i'm just wondering if someone has an app or could make one that would have a feature like this.
    06-02-2013 07:17 PM
    Not to sound... Rude...
    But have you used Google maps?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails APP Request - Yellow Page type App-screenshot_2013-06-02-20-31-32.png   APP Request - Yellow Page type App-finaloutput.jpg  
    06-02-2013 07:20 PM
    sure have
    06-02-2013 08:22 PM
    Every service like this requires businesses to buy in. The yellow pages make their money by selling space, just like Google. If the business doesn't opt in, they don't get space... That's the competition part of it, the knowledge that other businesses are using the service, and customers will find those competitors instead.

Are you saying that there are no businesses in Ontario that have hours listed on Google? (not sarcasm).

Also... What about yelp? I mean, sure, it is Canada... But it's not like it's Somalia.

nd1983 likes this.
    06-02-2013 08:31 PM
    Every service like this requires businesses to buy in. The yellow pages make their money by selling space, just like Google. If the business doesn't opt in, they don't get space... That's the competition part of it, the knowledge that other businesses are using the service, and customers will find those competitors instead.

Are you saying that there are no businesses in Ontario that have hours listed on Google? (not sarcasm).

Also... What about yelp? I mean, sure, it is Canada... But it's not like it's Somalia.

Some business do list their hours of opp. listed in google map and some don't.

i didn't know about Yelp (i'm still new to the android apps available) and it does have the info i'm looking for so thank you.
    06-02-2013 08:40 PM
    Yeah... Actually, Yelp is sort of crowd-sourced. Businesses have gotten punted from yelp for having employees write reviews. Yelp makes their money from ads, or used to.

Be sure and hit the "thanks" button. That's how Internet junkies derive personal satisfaction.

06-02-2013 09:54 PM