09-07-2010 01:26 PM
32 12
tools
    How do you delete the contacts easily? Is there an option to delete all of my Exchange contacts?
    08-13-2010 11:28 AM
    I am another one to add to the list for sending email or text messages to people in my contact list and it doesn't populate the 'to' field. I was one of the unfortunate ones to pay for Vlingo weeks ago but I find Vlingo to be far more accurate in voice action as far as sending texts and emails. The search and navigate functions work well also. I think now that Vlingo is free, it is a much better alternative than the updated google voice action.
    Just my opinion...
    I have 2.1 on my phone, and 2.1 it will always be. I downloaded the free Vlingo app and it's been one-hundred percent accurate. My thought is, if Vlingo can make this available for a 2.1 device, there has to be a reason Google hasn't. The software can obviously handle it.
    08-13-2010 11:43 AM
    @mrhankey184 Unfortunately that I don't have an answer for. I mean a hard reset would work, but may be undesirable.
    08-13-2010 11:57 AM
    Try exporting all contacts to SD card and then reimporting them using your gmail account rather than phone. Worked for me. Still not perfect, but a much improved experience. Texts and Email contacts now work via speech, where as they did not before.
    08-13-2010 01:25 PM
    Yesterday, the app seemed to work fine, but today, no matter what command I give, it tells me that there's a connection error
    08-13-2010 01:31 PM
    Try exporting all contacts to SD card and then reimporting them using your gmail account rather than phone. Worked for me. Still not perfect, but a much improved experience. Texts and Email contacts now work via speech, where as they did not before.
    Not to resurrect an old dead thread here but I'm trying to use the new version of voice control and having the same issue where it puts everything including the contact name in the body of the message rather than putting the contact in the "to" section.

Can anyone expand on exporting the contacts to sd, then reimport. I get how to export to the sd card but i'm not sure of the reimporting them using gmail. If i export to sd, am i supposed to do then delete from the contact section of the phone, and if so, won't that delete them from my gmail since they're tied together?
    09-07-2010 12:53 PM
    Try this, 2 solutions. goto settings,accounts, and make sure your sync is on for contacts in the correct gmail account. Only gmail works.

use the word message when starting the actually msg, seems to work better.
    ie; send text to MOM message hi mom.
    09-07-2010 01:26 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD