07-07-2010 05:32 PM
220 1234 ...
tools
    it brought back these terrible memories of me with my storm, and i thought "why did i ever want it to do something like this?"
    11-18-2009 08:41 PM
    They just updated it. The latest update adds four dots to show you what screen. You are on and also adds the iPhone slider lock.
    11-20-2009 09:13 PM
    I would love to see some other screens. And maybe some info for the new users, like myself, about how you added extras (like the small bar on the 2nd post.)

Also how do you do screen captures on the droid?
    11-21-2009 12:41 PM
    i'm using a home screen replacement called dx top, it adds a dock at the bottom which you can place apps into (4 of them) as well as 4 home screens and a bunch of other stuff. there's a thread about it in the apps section if you want to learn more.

it also adds a screen capture function to the phone which is how i got the screen shot. easiest way to do it so far, and i love the extra functionality of the app.

and the weather clock is called "beautiful widgets"
    11-21-2009 01:04 PM
    How are you guys taking screen shots?? Is there an app for that now that doesn't require root access?
    11-21-2009 02:09 PM
    Thanls for the great find. I posted my screen in your other thread. Didn't wanna slow load times in this thread for oversized pics.
    11-22-2009 01:05 AM
    One of my favorites. Wish they would add that middle screen. I emailed the developer and he said its in the works. He responds rather quickly.
    11-22-2009 12:35 PM
    middle screen? you mean 5 home screens instead of 4?

that would be kind of good, but it would also add another swipe to have to go through to get from one "side" to the other...
    11-22-2009 01:11 PM
    He has gotten several request to add one more screen. He isn't sure how to do that so the middle one is an option. Not set in stone though.
    11-22-2009 09:58 PM
    Can you add some more pictures of the desktop replacement? I'm looking to get this but I need to see some more pictures.
    11-23-2009 07:07 AM

[IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/
    TreyDaPrince/dxtop-ss-1258897822245.jpg[/IMG]

I hope this helps. If you would like anymore let me know.
    11-23-2009 07:43 AM
    I downloaded the dxtop update and nothing works right on it now:

- Can't get rid of screen indicator even though I did that in settings.

- Slid the drawers to add apps in the bottom. Can't get the drawers back, and long pressing to add app does nothing. Now it's just stuck on "Long press to add applications."

Everything worked fine before I updated. Tried uninstalling and installing a couple times...same problems.
    11-23-2009 09:39 PM
    I updated and it works fine. Only issue on my end is the slider lock.
    11-23-2009 09:43 PM
    It has worked perfectly for me since the update, although I prefer the stock lock screen so I don't know about the slider lock.
    11-23-2009 09:45 PM
    I had a couple of problems one was the slider delay and the other was the screen orientation wouldn't turn off. Besides that I really like using dxtop it nice to add the 5 icons on the bottom that stay on all 4 screens. I did read in another forum that some Widgets will slow down dxtop hope you find a fix.
    11-23-2009 09:51 PM
    Ok. Here we go. All was good in the land of droid + dxtop and then I swiped right or left on the drawers and they and the delete are "gone" and all I have is long press to add applications in the dock. Mind you I can press for an hour and get nothing. Any cloo how to get the drawers back. A cancel feature would be nice right about now.
    11-23-2009 10:20 PM
    I downloaded the dxtop update and nothing works right on it now:

- Can't get rid of screen indicator even though I did that in settings.

- Slid the drawers to add apps in the bottom. Can't get the drawers back, and long pressing to add app does nothing. Now it's just stuck on "Long press to add applications."

Everything worked fine before I updated. Tried uninstalling and installing a couple times...same problems.
    same problems. Really annoying because now I can't even remove widgets because the tray isn't there to drag it to:0(
    11-23-2009 10:43 PM
    i would try to uninstall the app and then reinstall it.

or try clicking the menu button, and see what "view" you are in, maybe you changed it by accident and it's acting weird because of it?

oh, and here's some more pics of the app and my home screens
    11-24-2009 01:43 AM
    i would try to uninstall the app and then reinstall it.

or try clicking the menu button, and see what "view" you are in, maybe you changed it by accident and it's acting weird because of it?

oh, and here's some more pics of the app and my home screens
    Your screen looks great, Ihave two questions. What calendar are you using and how did you get the bottom tray to work, mine does not?
    11-24-2009 03:59 AM
    the calendar is pure grid calendar

the bottom tray: swipe left or right on the drawer tabs and they should slide away, then just drag icons into it (i took them from the folders, but i would guess the easiest way is to get them out of the drawers onto your "desktop" then swipe the drawers away, and then drag them into the dock)

or are you having some other issue with the dock?

it has gotten much easier to put them in the dock since the last update i feel.
    11-24-2009 06:20 AM
    Not wanting to put anything into the dock but rather want the 2 drawers that were there to. Come back. Ie. The oposite of swiping them away to add some proggie to the dock
    11-24-2009 08:32 AM
    the calendar is pure grid calendar

the bottom tray: swipe left or right on the drawer tabs and they should slide away, then just drag icons into it (i took them from the folders, but i would guess the easiest way is to get them out of the drawers onto your "desktop" then swipe the drawers away, and then drag them into the dock)

or are you having some other issue with the dock?

it has gotten much easier to put them in the dock since the last update i feel.
    Okay, I can't get anything into my bottom tray and I have to delete and reinstall the app.

Also my calendar doesn't look like yours what is your settings? I'm using the same program.
    11-24-2009 09:59 AM
    Not wanting to put anything into the dock but rather want the 2 drawers that were there to. Come back. Ie. The oposite of swiping them away to add some proggie to the dock
    I am having the same issue...cant get them back at all! They have vanished.
    11-24-2009 10:39 AM
    That is odd. My drawers work fine (opening and sliding them away).
    11-24-2009 10:47 AM
    The only way for me to get the tab showing is to hold the menu button until it pops up, but at that point there isnt much of an option to get it back on the main screen. I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall.
    11-24-2009 10:52 AM
220 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD