07-07-2010 05:32 PM
220 ... 23456 ...
tools
    So you did not give up on it then? Update should be up tonight.
    I guess i should say that i am not using it at the moment. I hope the update comes tonight.
    11-24-2009 08:07 PM
    It should. He is very good about updates.
    11-24-2009 08:28 PM
    Thats good. I am going back home for thanksgiving and looking forward to showing off my new phone!

Other then the dock the app works great. I think the only other real issue i have is what to do with all this space!!!
    11-24-2009 08:39 PM
    I emailed the dev of DxTop in reference to the "frozen app bar" at the bottom that a lot of us are experiencing. They are very aware and working on an update to fix this issue.

Also I liked how a lot of people in this thread are using DxTop, it really is great. It would be perfect if it didn't have to redraw the widgets like it does. With that said, I tried GDE (the cube looked cool) and it was visually sweet but in my experience not as stable many force closes. Oddly enough, opening the app menu/phone application/switching to contacts/opening programs seemed snappier with GDE than with DxTop. I went back to dxtop because of the app drawer "categories" and I've gotten used to the single swipe to get to a screen. Also, I found the cube transition caused some slow down sometimes.
    11-24-2009 08:42 PM
    Need a little help for anyone with dxtop experience. I am using the peace and war theme. I really dont like the icons though. is there any way to use the normal android icons with the rest of this theme? i tried appearance -> icons -> No icon pack and it is still the same.

thanks for any help

EDIT: nevermind. just did longpress -> change icon
    11-24-2009 08:53 PM
    On another forum the members talk great about GDE and not so good about dxTop. Here it is the other way around.
    11-24-2009 08:55 PM
    Need a little help for anyone with dxtop experience. I am using the peace and war theme. I really dont like the icons though. is there any way to use the normal android icons with the rest of this theme? i tried appearance -> icons -> No icon pack and it is still the same.

thanks for any help

EDIT: nevermind. just did longpress -> change icon
    what did you change it to? i wanted to replace the dolphin browser with the default icon....
    11-24-2009 08:57 PM
    what did you change it to? i wanted to replace the dolphin browser with the default icon....
    If you go to appearance ->icons-> get icons
    There is an android 2.0 icon set and that has everything including the original browser
    11-24-2009 09:04 PM
    Wonder if the icons change back upon updating?
    11-24-2009 09:11 PM
    Update is out
    11-24-2009 09:16 PM
    Update is out
    Just downloaded and it works great! The icons also didnt change with the update. I am very surprised that they got the update out the same day they found out about the problem! very good app IMHO
    11-24-2009 09:18 PM
    I speak to the dev via email. Wonder how the 5th screen will work?
    11-24-2009 09:22 PM
    They are adding another screen?? Wow. 4 screens is already a lot more room then is really need for me. Wonder how you would get to the 5th screen? maybe just the home button and then swiping from there.
    11-24-2009 09:24 PM
    That's what I think. Hit home get to the middle screen and slide out to the corresponding screen.
    11-24-2009 09:31 PM
    where do ya get that clock and stuff on top?
    11-24-2009 09:37 PM
    The clock with the weather is weather widget donate.
    11-24-2009 09:40 PM
    Nice, working again on my Droid. I really like this better than any of the others I've tried out.
    11-24-2009 09:41 PM
    where do ya get that clock and stuff on top?
    The clock with the weather is weather widget donate.
    well, mine is the beautiful widgets pack

it was updated today too and they added weather animations for the forecast screen similar to the WWD setup

and thanks for the icon tip gsontag!
    11-24-2009 09:54 PM
    Nice. That is all it was missing. It looks sharper than WWD right?
    11-24-2009 09:58 PM
    i just downloaded and i dont really get this....so this just gives me more home screens? i mean what else does this do? up down left right?
    11-24-2009 10:00 PM
    I speak to the dev via email. Wonder how the 5th screen will work?
    When are they going to add the fifth screen? And will it be in the middle of the lot of them like three horizontal, one on top, and one on the bottom?
    That's the one thing I was waiting on before I purchased it
    11-24-2009 10:02 PM
    i just downloaded and i dont really get this....so this just gives me more home screens? i mean what else does this do? up down left right?
    did you read the first post at all?

Nice. That is all it was missing. It looks sharper than WWD right?
    i think it does, i use WWD for a small weather icon for a different city and it works well for that, but i like the BW clock better
    11-24-2009 10:04 PM
    Takes screen shots
    Hides apps
    Allows you to change icon images
    Lets you kill apps
    Allows you to run themes
    Lets you organize your apps in the drawer
    Allows you to slide the tabs out the way and add 5 more apps
    Lets you rotate the screen without opening the slide out keyboards
    11-24-2009 10:06 PM
    im new to the droid but how do yall get yall screen to look like that?
    11-24-2009 10:07 PM
    When are they going to add the fifth screen? And will it be in the middle of the lot of them like three horizontal, one on top, and one on the bottom?
    That's the one thing I was waiting on before I purchased it
    He gets a lot of requests for that middle screen. I think it will come soon.
    11-24-2009 10:08 PM
220 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD