DX Top

R

Roy Aguilera

I really like that he made the icons in the sliding drawer larger. Not sure which version implemented this change but its a plus.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, don't know if you've gotten it yet but there is a new dxtop update and you can see the icons for the mini dock apps are bigger now. (you can compare my pic right above this one to see the difference)

dxtop-ss-1259024204407.jpg

I just downloaded dxTop and its cool. How do you setup those mini dock icons? Where do you get info about its features?

R

Roy Aguilera

Slide your two bottom tabs to the left or right, it will give you that space for
5 extra icons.

P3Droid

Banned
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
WTF guys, really. I have uninstalled this program 5 times and I still can not get the screen to work. I can't install apps and once I'm there I can't swipe to make it go away. What version are you using?

R

Roy Aguilera

WTF guys, really. I have uninstalled this program 5 times and I still can not get the screen to work. I can't install apps and once I'm there I can't swipe to make it go away. What version are you using?

Version 412070410 is what my phone shows.
Version 2.5.2 is what the Market Place shows
That is the latest.

Last edited:

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
Kind of a bummer. hope it gets fixed quick. I got it mostly b/c i want to get rid of the pop up draws when possible. oh well. it does all look a lot better! and with beautiful widgets its very nice

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
ive got dxtop and cannot get it to work right, once i slide the 2 drawers over and it says long press to add applications, it gets stuck there and wont let me add any apps and it wont let me slide it back over to the drawer view, ive tried installing again and nothing seems to be working right, any ideas?

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
I gave up on dxtop. Sad thing is, i uninstalled it from the market and got my refund and then re-bought it and installed it trying to get the dock to work! Now i cant get a refund!! I hope that they get the issues worked out b/c other then the dock it worked really well!

R

Roy Aguilera

So you did not give up on it then? Update should be up tonight.

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
Thats good. I am going back home for thanksgiving and looking forward to showing off my new phone!

Other then the dock the app works great. I think the only other real issue i have is what to do with all this space!!!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I emailed the dev of DxTop in reference to the "frozen app bar" at the bottom that a lot of us are experiencing. They are very aware and working on an update to fix this issue.

Also I liked how a lot of people in this thread are using DxTop, it really is great. It would be perfect if it didn't have to redraw the widgets like it does. With that said, I tried GDE (the cube looked cool) and it was visually sweet but in my experience not as stable many force closes. Oddly enough, opening the app menu/phone application/switching to contacts/opening programs seemed snappier with GDE than with DxTop. I went back to dxtop because of the app drawer "categories" and I've gotten used to the single swipe to get to a screen. Also, I found the cube transition caused some slow down sometimes.

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
Need a little help for anyone with dxtop experience. I am using the peace and war theme. I really dont like the icons though. is there any way to use the normal android icons with the rest of this theme? i tried appearance -> icons -> No icon pack and it is still the same.

thanks for any help

EDIT: nevermind. just did longpress -> change icon

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21