07-07-2010 05:32 PM
220 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I love LOVE Dx Top. This application has seriously renewed my faith in my Droid. It's clean, it's easy to use, and keeps things very organized.
    11-24-2009 10:16 PM
    Home replacement app in the market. Most in this thread are using DxTop Home. That's how we get the two drawers (or the 5 icons row beneath other icons). The flip clock is from weather widget - donate. And wallpapers are from various places.
    11-24-2009 10:26 PM
    On BW what do you set sunrise sunset to. Official or Civil?
    11-24-2009 10:49 PM
    When I posted my screen in the other thread I had to usb it over to my computer because I couldn't find the screenshot in my gallery. Am I missing something, can you not access straight from the sd card on the phone?

@youngchrisg....I would pull the trigger on that purchase, middle screen on not!
    11-24-2009 10:57 PM
    I use civil, not that I know what the difference is.
    11-24-2009 10:58 PM
    Thought this might be helpful, link to the dev's forum on the official page.

dxTop: Forum Categories
    11-24-2009 11:03 PM
    official

10char

When I posted my screen in the other thread I had to usb it over to my computer because I couldn't find the screenshot in my gallery. Am I missing something, can you not access straight from the sd card on the phone?

@youngchrisg....I would pull the trigger on that purchase, middle screen on not!
    you can find it if you use a file manager to open it, but i guess the gallery app doesn't look in the root folder for pictures
    11-24-2009 11:49 PM
    Hey guys whats up with DXtop's slide to unlock? How do I get rid of that and use the standard unlock?
    11-25-2009 12:03 AM
    click menu, the dx top settings button and uncheck the option concerning their lock screen.
    11-25-2009 12:07 AM
    Weird. I did that but its still doint that.
    11-25-2009 12:13 AM
    Weird. I did that but its still doint that.
    I had an issue with this too. I had the Screenmode widget installed, not sure if that makes a difference. But i just kept trying it and eventually it just stopped showing up.
    11-25-2009 01:19 AM
    I use dxTop.
    From your Twitter widget on picture #1: "visitidaho: DowntownBoise Tis the season!"

This just plucked a string in my heart.

I wish that when you had the icon bar across the bottom instead of the drawers that you could just slide your finger upwards over the icon bar and get the main drawer to slide open... it'd be a nice feature because honestly... i like the icon bar and never want to see my slider tab again (just takes up extra space IMO)
    11-25-2009 10:00 AM
    From your Twitter widget on picture #1: "visitidaho: DowntownBoise Tis the season!"

This just plucked a string in my heart.

I wish that when you had the icon bar across the bottom instead of the drawers that you could just slide your finger upwards over the icon bar and get the main drawer to slide open... it'd be a nice feature because honestly... i like the icon bar and never want to see my slider tab again (just takes up extra space IMO)
    :-) ... I spent the summer there ... well in Nampa but basically Boise at night lol.

I actually didn't have the icon bar because it froze the last time I did that. However I just installed the new update they released this morning (took the pics before) but it fixed that and I now have the icon bar. That would be nice to be able to access the drawers by doing that though. It was so weird to not always have my phone accessible with a touch so thats the first thing on my icon bar!
    11-25-2009 10:37 AM
    Wow how do I get cool themes like all the ones posted on here?
    11-25-2009 10:49 AM
    Its a program called dxTop. Look for it in the market.
    11-25-2009 10:51 AM
    Its a program called dxTop. Look for it in the market.
    Yup .. I believe there is a trial but something about restarts every 30min. The real version is $3 and is probably one of the most useful applications so far that I have used. I would definitely recommend it and they are very good/quick about fixing bugs.
    11-25-2009 11:02 AM
    Yup .. I believe there is a trial but something about restarts every 30min. The real version is $3 and is probably one of the most useful applications so far that I have used. I would definitely recommend it and they are very good/quick about fixing bugs.
    I paid for it and tried it, got to the App bar on the bottom, and couldn't put apps in, nor could I get rid of it. Had to uninstall it to get the phone working again. Since that bar was there (app launcher I guess), I couldn't delete some of the icons on the home screen either, as the trash bin was no longer present. If they fix that, it seems like a winner.

Mark
    11-25-2009 11:08 AM
    First problem with it I've had....woke up this morning and all the apps I had put on the right screen were gone and powercontrol widget on my home screen disappeared. Seems to take a little longer with reloading the widgets since the most recent update.
    11-25-2009 11:09 AM
    I paid for it and tried it, got to the App bar on the bottom, and couldn't put apps in, nor could I get rid of it. Had to uninstall it to get the phone working again. Since that bar was there (app launcher I guess), I couldn't delete some of the icons on the home screen either, as the trash bin was no longer present. If they fix that, it seems like a winner.

Mark
    You have to slide back to the two tabs in order to slide things off into the trash, you can't do it if you have the mini dock on the screen.
    11-25-2009 11:11 AM
    First problem with it I've had....woke up this morning and all the apps I had put on the right screen were gone and powercontrol widget on my home screen disappeared. Seems to take a little longer with reloading the widgets since the most recent update.
    That is weird.
    11-25-2009 11:14 AM
    You have to slide back to the two tabs in order to slide things off into the trash, you can't do it if you have the mini dock on the screen.
    Or you can just long press the icon and drop it in place, then select delete from the menu that pops up... pretty simple actually... but wish the delete bin showed up in the bottom whenever you long pressed on an icon no matter your lower bar situation.

Note to moderators: We might want to break off some of this conversation out of the thread (perhaps into a dxtop discussion thread...) it would be nice to have a pictures only thread.. ...just saying
    11-25-2009 11:29 AM

Note to moderators: We might want to break off some of this conversation out of the thread... it would be nice to have a pictures only thread.. ...just saying
    Agreed, this should be pictures only and the rest can go into the dxTop app thread. However new members will still come in here and ask questions. That and the fact that the OP did not state that he wanted pics only.
    11-25-2009 11:33 AM
    However new members will still come in here and ask questions. That and the fact that the OP did not state that he wanted pics only.
    Moderators: Can you edit the first post and request 'Pictures Only' in this thread... and request all discussion be done either via PM or in the dxtop thread with a link to the dxtop thread.

PS... if you make me a moderator, i'll do it
    11-25-2009 11:39 AM
    I'm having an issue with the dock. I swiped to the left and the tabs disappeared and the dock shows up and says "long press to add apps" but I can't long press it (nothing happens) and if I try to long drag an icon, it won't dock .. Now I can't get the tabs back? What to do??
    11-25-2009 12:21 PM
    I'm having an issue with the dock. I swiped to the left and the tabs disappeared and the dock shows up and says "long press to add apps" but I can't long press it (nothing happens) and if I try to long drag an icon, it won't dock .. Now I can't get the tabs back? What to do??
    I had the same issue. Had to uninstall the app to get it working again. the Dock never disappears, you can't slide it, you can't add apps to it, and you can't delete anything.

Hoping it is just a bug with the latest release. Can't use it until they fix it though.

Mark
    11-25-2009 12:31 PM
220 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD