07-07-2010 05:32 PM
220 ... 56789
tools
    I loved this app at first as well. For some reason it will NOT quit crashing on me... and over the past couple of days it has moved super slow. When I switch back to regular home it works fine.

Maybe I should try a reinstall. I'm on the droid by the way.
    Had the same issues as well last week.
    I just uninstalled/reinstalled.. now everything is working fine.
    I just wish that Dx had more themes. But I'm sure there's some in the works.
    11-29-2009 10:49 AM
    what calender app is that? i have panda, can i use it on that or only dxtop? I cant seem to find it in the marketplace
    11-29-2009 06:55 PM
    I had GDE for a bit. I missed the one swipe to get to the panes of the DxTop. Also, missed having my "categories" in the app drawer. I know you can make folders in GDE, but it's not the same.

What are the pros of GDE? When I used it I saw the pros as: the cube transition, more screens if you want them, super quick/clean app drawer, didn't have to "redraw" widgets.

cons: no one swipe to get to pane, force close more than DxTop, cube was cool-but got jittery sometimes and would sometimes not show the cube transition, no "categories" in app drawer, no currently/recently run drawer (I liked the ability to see which apps were running and be able to kill them selectively- kind of like an app manager, but built in and not an app I have to run)
    11-29-2009 07:58 PM
    Both GDE and dxTop have their strong point. At this point I preffer GDE and occasionally use dxTop. Its the smoothness that gets me.
    11-30-2009 09:31 AM
    The smoothness of GDE is great, but I love having that mini dock with my most used apps on every screen I flick to using dxTop.
    11-30-2009 10:46 AM
    That is all I miss also. That and the screenshot deal.
    11-30-2009 11:16 AM
    I was wondering if it was possible to only use three screens on dxtop instead of four, I prefer everything horizontal
    11-30-2009 02:43 PM
    I was wondering if it was possible to only use three screens on dxtop instead of four, I prefer everything horizontal
    Nope. Not Possible.
    11-30-2009 04:06 PM
    Darn, is there a dock app that will follow when I switch home screens like the one in dxtop? Or is this feature in GDE?
    11-30-2009 04:18 PM
    Darn, is there a dock app that will follow when I switch home screens like the one in dxtop? Or is this feature in GDE?
    GDE, Panda Home and Home++ all flow the same as the original home. Panda and Home++ are free. Download and try them. You can always delete them if you dont like them.
    11-30-2009 04:58 PM
    I picked up DX Top last week. Pretty cool app ~
    11-30-2009 08:13 PM
    Update is available now, addresses a lot of the bugs we've had.
    11-30-2009 11:44 PM
    Downloaded the latest, runs smooth.
    12-01-2009 10:50 AM
    Has anyone else experienced a bit of lag in the screen transition and the transition when opening apps? I couldn't stand the bog down in speed so I ended up uninstalling... Also it seemed as if my touch screen was not as responsive... The app is really cool and I love the dock bar, but I couldn't stand the lag.
    12-01-2009 11:28 AM
    Has anyone else experienced a bit of lag in the screen transition and the transition when opening apps? I couldn't stand the bog down in speed so I ended up uninstalling... Also it seemed as if my touch screen was not as responsive... The app is really cool and I love the dock bar, but I couldn't stand the lag.
    I have, that is why I went GDE.
    12-01-2009 12:17 PM
    Does GDE have the dock bar at the bottom? Or does anyone know of any other app I can get to have a stationary dock bar like the 5 icon bar on DXtop? This is one feature of DXtop that I ABSOLUTELY loved.
    12-01-2009 12:53 PM
    Does GDE have the dock bar at the bottom? Or does anyone know of any other app I can get to have a stationary dock bar like the 5 icon bar on DXtop? This is one feature of DXtop that I ABSOLUTELY loved.
    No. DxTop is the only one.
    12-01-2009 01:06 PM
    How do you like GDE compared to dxtop?

Found the GDE thread so no need to answer, I have to learn to look before I speak.
    12-01-2009 05:30 PM
    I'm thinking about buying beautiful widgets but I'm wondering what source does it use to get its weather info (just to see how accurate it is)
    12-04-2009 07:53 PM
    Panda Home has doc bars that slide out from the sides of the screen. You can customize how many you have and how large they are (which affects the number of icons you can place in them). Also you can change the transparency. No matter what screen your on the doc bars are always the same so you have your important apps at any screen if you like. Its a simple touch of a small semi circle on the edge of the screen that brings out and hides the doc bar.

I have one doc bar the entire length of the pone and 1 icon wide, so it can hole about 6-7 icons. And another the is 1 icon tall and is the width of the phone.

Plus with Panda Home you get as many home screens as you like.

No I did not create panda home, just like it lol.
    12-05-2009 02:38 AM
    I tried out panda home yesterday, but found it to be too busy, there's just something about dx top that keeps bringing me back!
    12-05-2009 12:23 PM
    Well, I took the plunge and installed DXTop on mine, and holy cow, this thing rocks. Works perfectly for me, and the persistent dock on the bottom of the page is a huge feature for me...very cool. I haven't found a theme I like more than the stocker yet, but overall its added some nice features (the dock, and the hide button, plus some of the long press menus are more intuitive) and doesn't appear to cause any sort of lag, or eat my battery. What a great app for 3 bucks.
    12-06-2009 10:22 AM
    I tried out panda home yesterday, but found it to be too busy, there's just something about dx top that keeps bringing me back!
    panda home didn't look as sharp on my droid, almost like it wasnt using the full resolution..anyone else notice that?
    12-06-2009 10:23 AM
    I love dxTop also! How do you UN-hide apps? I have accidentally hidden a few.
    12-10-2009 07:36 AM
    I love dxTop also! How do you UN-hide apps? I have accidentally hidden a few.
    Hit your menu key while in the application menu and choose to see hidden I think.
    12-10-2009 10:07 AM
220 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD