DX Top

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced a bit of lag in the screen transition and the transition when opening apps? I couldn't stand the bog down in speed so I ended up uninstalling... Also it seemed as if my touch screen was not as responsive... The app is really cool and I love the dock bar, but I couldn't stand the lag.

R

Roy Aguilera

Has anyone else experienced a bit of lag in the screen transition and the transition when opening apps? I couldn't stand the bog down in speed so I ended up uninstalling... Also it seemed as if my touch screen was not as responsive... The app is really cool and I love the dock bar, but I couldn't stand the lag.

I have, that is why I went GDE.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I have, that is why I went GDE.

Does GDE have the dock bar at the bottom? Or does anyone know of any other app I can get to have a stationary dock bar like the 5 icon bar on DXtop? This is one feature of DXtop that I ABSOLUTELY loved.

R

Roy Aguilera

Does GDE have the dock bar at the bottom? Or does anyone know of any other app I can get to have a stationary dock bar like the 5 icon bar on DXtop? This is one feature of DXtop that I ABSOLUTELY loved.

No. DxTop is the only one.

kamek89

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying beautiful widgets but I'm wondering what source does it use to get its weather info (just to see how accurate it is)

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Panda Home has doc bars that slide out from the sides of the screen. You can customize how many you have and how large they are (which affects the number of icons you can place in them). Also you can change the transparency. No matter what screen your on the doc bars are always the same so you have your important apps at any screen if you like. Its a simple touch of a small semi circle on the edge of the screen that brings out and hides the doc bar.

I have one doc bar the entire length of the pone and 1 icon wide, so it can hole about 6-7 icons. And another the is 1 icon tall and is the width of the phone.

Plus with Panda Home you get as many home screens as you like.

No I did not create panda home, just like it lol.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I tried out panda home yesterday, but found it to be too busy, there's just something about dx top that keeps bringing me back!

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Well, I took the plunge and installed DXTop on mine, and holy cow, this thing rocks. Works perfectly for me, and the persistent dock on the bottom of the page is a huge feature for me...very cool. I haven't found a theme I like more than the stocker yet, but overall its added some nice features (the dock, and the hide button, plus some of the long press menus are more intuitive) and doesn't appear to cause any sort of lag, or eat my battery. What a great app for 3 bucks.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I tried Panda, and just didn't like it. Then I tried DX Top and quit looking for another. I really like the dual drawers and the screen capture.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Its weird hearing how many people didnt like panda, I am using it and love it. Maybe I will have to try dx top to see what the fuss is about.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
yeah, if I run the agenda widget and the weather widget, it crawls on transitioning back to that screen. I pulled dxtop back off, and picked up 10mb's of memory, which might explain the lagging. I'm back on the fence on this one. It was lagging something terrible before I pulled it off to see if it was the phone, or dxtop, and I'm back to having crisp transitions and widget redraws.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar