facebook power hog?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about how much system RAM it uses, which can be seen under System/Apps/Running, or how much Application Storage it's taking up, which can be seen under System/Apps/All? System RAM is where the processes and services reside when the app is active, while Application Storage is where the app itself and associated data are stored. Right now, Facebook is using 55 MB of system RAM while the process and services are running; however, it's using 40.95 MB of Application Storage, along with 32 MB of Cache, which is just temporary.

dorblayzer

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about how much system RAM it uses, which can be seen under System/Apps/Running, or how much Application Storage it's taking up, which can be seen under System/Apps/All? System RAM is where the processes and services reside when the app is active, while Application Storage is where the app itself and associated data are stored. Right now, Facebook is using 55 MB of system RAM while the process and services are running; however, it's using 40.95 MB of Application Storage, along with 32 MB of Cache, which is just temporary.

im talking about "how much system RAM it uses, which can be seen under System/Apps/Running"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
85 MB seems a little high, but then again, I don't use the bells and whistles like Facebook Messenger, and I turn all notifications off.

dorblayzer

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
85 MB seems a little high, but then again, I don't use the bells and whistles like Facebook Messenger, and I turn all notifications off.

i don't use messenger too.. better for me to uninstall facebook, or it will not make a lot of Different on battery life?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the amount of RAM it takes up will affect your battery life. What might help more is to go to Facebook's settings and change the Refresh Interval to something long like 4 hours, or Never if you're not interested in getting updated right away about what one of your friends is having for dinner. Frequent data refresh means your phone is checking the web frequently, which takes battery and data. You can always manually refresh by swiping down while in Facebook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22