Phone calls forwarding to hangouts

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Having an issue since I installed hangouts on Gmail.

When I get a phone call that I miss is automatically transfers to Google hangouts in my Gmail, causing it to ring there. I would like to stop this as well, but it's not the main issue.

The main problem is even with my computer off, it still attempts to call Google hangouts as well, so the person calling me hears approximately 15-20 rings before my voice mail picks up.

I have had a lot of complaints already from people calling me.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
i left talk on my pc because i dial out sometimes so i can not look at the settings but thats where you need to hangout and determine why you got the problem. must be a setting

edit
the setting could be in G+

Last edited:

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Thanks for the suggestion, I have looked at Gmail settings, hangout settings (which are nonexistent), and hangout app settings.

No luck.

EDIT:: Found the culprit!

It actually has to do with Google Voice.

Go to www.google.com/voice and then settings. On the PHONES tab, select EDIT for your mobile phone, then select SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS. In the Forwarding Options, select Go straight to voicemail. Then, when calls are forwarded to Voice from your phone, it will go to voicemail without trying to ring your devices, hangouts being one of those.

*Credit to bkennelly from Google Groups for the help*

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

Nathan Brauer

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I just have mine forwarded to hangouts. the settings are a little tricky but if you get it set up properly should work just fine. I don't like Cricket's voicemail service, it has a few glitches like messages not showing up for hours, sometimes you can't delete them. And you can't archive messages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21