09-05-2010 05:26 PM
49 12
tools
    Well just got my email for the beta APK, and I have to say it's a fantastic program. Works very well, so anyone looking to test out a new client like this should check it out.
    08-13-2010 12:15 AM
    Tried this out yesterday for about 5 minutes. UI is sad compare to the stock loaded 'Friends Stream' Doesn't have enough functionality for me to enjoy it over using FB and Twitter individually. Doesn't properly show pictures in the feeds nor does it show links.
    08-13-2010 07:04 AM
    I think the the UI is a ton better than Friend Stream. I love how the different feeds are different colors. There is still some work to be done, and it needs a widget. For now I prefer Seesmic and Facebook for Android, but after a couple of updates TweetDeck will be my go to for sure.
    08-13-2010 08:49 AM
    It's useless to me. Many tweets and FB posts have links, but there's no way to access them and you get into a circular loop of pressing the item and then going nowhere. I shut it down within 20 minutes. Who cares if a program bundles all your social networking stuff into one useless stream? Is it this lame on other platforms or just Android?
    08-13-2010 10:25 AM
    I considered trying out the Beta, but from what I read there is no way of turning off notifications. I would really hate to be bombarded with notifications every few minutes.
    Is this true?
    08-13-2010 10:26 AM
    I should've mentioned that as well. Settings menu leaves much to be worked on. This seems more like an alpha level version than one that is in open testing.
    08-13-2010 11:45 AM
    I'm using the beta now, and my only complaint is not being able to seperate the streams. I'd like to have my FB seperate from my Twitter as an option. Maybe they can work that in. I'd also like to be able to manually update the feeds as opposed to it doing it however often it does it to save battery life.

In regards to the notifications, I turned them off. It's under menu>manage columns. Click the little buttons, no more notifications.
    08-13-2010 11:58 AM
    I'm using the beta now, and my only complaint is not being able to seperate the streams. I'd like to have my FB seperate from my Twitter as an option. Maybe they can work that in. I'd also like to be able to manually update the feeds as opposed to it doing it however often it does it to save battery life.

In regards to the notifications, I turned them off. It's under menu>manage columns. Click the little buttons, no more notifications.
    Co-sign
    I prefer Friendstream over Tweetdeck as far as integration is concerned

As far as simple Twitter app, I prefer Tweetcaster and Touiteur over Tweetdeck

Not enough customization IMO
    08-13-2010 05:42 PM
    I really like TweetDeck but I want more notification options. Maybe it can check for updates every 4 or 6 hours.
    08-13-2010 06:12 PM
    It's so much better on the iPhone. It was the only one I used on it, but the interface on Android seriously disappoints me.

Guess I'll stick with Twicca for now.
    08-13-2010 06:48 PM
    It's so much better on the iPhone. It was the only one I used on it, but the interface on Android seriously disappoints me.

Guess I'll stick with Twicca for now.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I have it on my ipod touch and it is very similar to the desktop version. This Android UI is terrible, the font is way too big, and I don't like the unified "Home" column. I don't know what I'm switching back to; I had been switching back and forth anyway before Tweetdeck beta became available.
    08-14-2010 09:53 AM
    I havent seen this on the iphone but I wasnt blown away with the android beta. I prefer the unified home view on friendstream and the UI of Touiteur better. It is beta so maybe some things will change when the official version comes out.
    08-14-2010 12:13 PM
    In case you guys want your voices heard, the Tweetdeck guys may or may not be reading this thread but they're looking for comments in their Android forums:
    TweetDeck Support : Android
    08-14-2010 12:29 PM
    where can i sign up or get the apk from?
    08-14-2010 12:54 PM
    where can i sign up or get the apk from?
    Here:
    TweetDeck for Android Beta Preview
    08-14-2010 01:01 PM
    thanks! they don't have settings to adjust refresh etc all i see is manage accounts or quit :/
    08-14-2010 01:09 PM
    I installed the TweetDeck beta. The very little I have used it has been pretty great.
    08-14-2010 10:19 PM
    I just want Twittelator Pro for Android and i'm good.
    08-14-2010 10:36 PM
    Tweetdeck uses a push just like our gmail. No refresh needed, and it does not kill the battery.

It's useless to me. Many tweets and FB posts have links, but there's no way to access them and you get into a circular loop of pressing the item and then going nowhere. I shut it down within 20 minutes. Who cares if a program bundles all your social networking stuff into one useless stream? Is it this lame on other platforms or just Android?
    Mine clicks on links perfectly...
    08-15-2010 03:01 AM
    Even things like changing the font size are missing. I still prefer Twicca, which has a lovely UI, and Bloo 1.5

To say I was disappointed with TweetDeck is an understatement. Will keep an eye out for updates though.
    08-15-2010 09:05 AM
    The next update will have more options, font size being one of them. I have to agree that after all of the hype, the app held less than a stellar performance. I still think it will be a nice app in the end, they do listen.
    08-15-2010 01:28 PM
    Anyone elses Facebook portion stopped working?

EDIT: NM. For some reason, my "connection" between TD and FB got severed. Fixed now.
    08-16-2010 02:34 PM
    It's starting to grow on me..they released an updated version today, which includes the option to change the font size..the smaller font size is wonderful!
    08-16-2010 06:27 PM
    ...the smaller font size is wonderful!
    If you like smaller, you should try smallest

It's growing on me as well, while I didn't mind it I never was a part of Tweetdeck's cult following on a desktop. Now I've reinstalled it on my Linux box and it's nice to have a similar look and feel to my phone app. I've signed out of my official Twitter client and use Tweetdeck as a primary. Facebook app is next - and then uninstalling both.
    08-16-2010 06:48 PM
    I love tweetdeck on my PC I'd be lost without it lol. But I think I'll wait for there official release and check it out then as I was unimpressed with the iPhone version no notification means useless IMO especialy if your having a full blown conversation. And from what I can gather with a poor UI and no homescreen widget kind of sounds like it needs lots of work......
    08-16-2010 07:07 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD