Coligma Live Wallpaper

DiCon

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hallo everybody,

I'd like to introduce myself (Hi, I'm DiCon from Aachen in Germany) and my very first app: Coligma.

coligma.png

Coligma is a particle based live wallpaper, that reacts to the accelerometer (gravity), the magnetometer (magnetic, compass-like particles) and your battery level.

Well, I know, that there is something like that on the market (unfortunately I found it a few days before publishing my app), but maybe some of you like it anyway. Plus, this is still a good opportunity for me, to test the Android market. There is a basic version "Coligma Live Wallpaper" for free and a paid version "Coligma Plus Live Wallpaper" (0.75?), with only a small difference. Yeah, I won't make a fortune with this, but maybe I get back the Android developer fee...

So lets start with some screenshots:

screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg

Coligma generates particles (of your choice) all the time, that follow gravity according to the accelerometer. Additionally you may tap (or drop an icon or widget) to generate additional particles of another (or the same) type:

• Random
    Particles of random color
  • Battery
    Particle color depends on the battery level (0%-33% red, 34%-66% yellow, 67%-100% green)
  • Compass
    Red particles are attracted by north, blue particles by the south pole. (These are really "magnetic particles", which means, that they follow the magnetic field as it is. If you are not exactly at the equator, the earth's magnetic field is not parallel to the earth's surface and the particles may be dragged opposite to gravity...)
  • Red, Green, ...
    A color of your choice...

...and if you support me and invest 0.75?, you may set a custom background image. That's the only difference to the free version.

Some last advise:
  • With its default settings, Coligma is meant to show off and uses quite a lot of resources. If you really want to use it, I suggest to deactivate the sensors in Coligma's settings ("gravity follows orientation" and "use magnetometer") and reduce the amount of particles.
  • If you purchased Coligma Plus (thanks for that ;) ), you should use dark backgrounds. Bright particles just won't do it on bright backgrounds...

Now just search the market for "coligma" and have fun with the free version :)
Or use this:
Coligma Live Wallpaper

DiCon

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I already have an idea for my next app, but that has to wait until I find the time...

But in the meantime I just updated Coligma to 1.1 with a small addition: You can now select the origin of the "always generate..." particles: Center, Random, Top

DiCon

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody give me some advise on how to handle problems with "wrong comments"? People keep giving low ratings and demand a version without a watermark. If they do that to protest against the watermark in the free version and do not want to pay for a full one, then I agree that it is their good right. But there are people who demand a paid one although there has been one since the very first minute.

Can someone tell me why they do not realize there is a paid one? Is there a way to post comments to the English market from the German one or any other way to reply to such comments?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody give me some advise on how to handle problems with "wrong comments"? People keep giving low ratings and demand a version without a watermark. If they do that to protest against the watermark in the free version and do not want to pay for a full one, then I agree that it is their good right. But there are people who demand a paid one although there has been one since the very first minute.

Can someone tell me why they do not realize there is a paid one? Is there a way to post comments to the English market from the German one or any other way to reply to such comments?
They most likely can't see the paid one because most european countries don't have access to paid apps in the Market. We can't even see them. It does cause problems sometimes. ;)

I just installed the free version (only one I have access to), but I can't find it anywhere? And the "Open" button in the Market is greyed out. Help?

EDIT: I feel silly now. I expected an executable app for some reason. Went into Wallpapers and there it is. Cheers!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12